Fendertop signal lights

SuperDave

Reaction score
My driver's side light is raised up maybe a quarter inch or so. It won't stay down.
Is there a clip I'm missing? If so, where do I find one? Is there an alternative to securing my fendertop blinker light indicator besides glue, epoxy or silicone?
IMG_20200923_131021.jpg
IMG_20200923_131006.jpg

There's a screw under the stainless fender strip. Pop it up and slide it back and you'll see where it goes.

Something has to be holding it in that position, or keeping it from seating firmly onto the fender top. How long's it been that way?

CBODY67

As long as I've possessed it, 2 years. Getting close making it roadworthy again, I don't want it to snag anything like a car wash brush or collect bug wings or pine straw needles as I'm driving.

That's easy. Pop it up with a putty knife at the rear, slide it back slightly along its clips so it's clear of the turn signal light housing, and then continue popping it up with your fingers towards the front. I like to take them off so that the fender can be cleaned and waxed underneath.

Make sure you tie off the door in the open position. If it closes while you have the trim slid back you will have a lot of fun finding a replacement. Speaking from experience.

Back