First Drive in 32 years.

I read 2 or 3 books at the same time. A few automotive magazines every month.

That's me exactly, I am always reading a couple books at a time from Sci Fi to History, along with 3 car mags, and my Zymurgy homebrewing magazine.

I'm reading No Easy Day, Killing Lincoln, and Company Commander. Also reading Collectible Automobile and Hemmings Classic Car magazines. I don't read any fiction.

Actually, I lied. I did read this book about 3 years ago...

%7B31BD30F3-A865-45BA-B4DD-BEA1F95A2856%7DImg100.jpg

Ross, it sounds like your Imperial is much like most old cars. Do you have a time line for that one
No, all I've done so far is drive it a few times. I haven't even put it up in the air to see what's up with the suspension.

I bought the car cuz I want to get in it, turn the key & go. Anything short of that is unacceptable. Worrying about what's gonna break next is not for me.

I love how this thread got hijacked in like four directions. ;)

I spend a lot of time in the car so I do audible.com. 2 books a month for 20 bucks. I do mostly business books (Malcolm Gladwell type stuff) but I just finished listening to 1984. What a great book.

No, all I've done so far is drive it a few times. I haven't even put it up in the air to see what's up with the suspension.

I bought the car cuz I want to get in it, turn the key & go. Anything short of that is unacceptable. Worrying about what's gonna break next is not for me.

Are you going to have it ready to roll by Carlisle? Everyone would like to see the Imp.

Are you going to have it ready to roll by Carlisle? Everyone would like to see the Imp.
It really depends on my work schedule. I hadn't really thought much about Carlisle since nats is in my back yard. I hope to race at nats this year though.

So Stan, where is Hoffa? Will he ever be found?
Never. After he was murdered, they immediately brought his body to a cemetary where a paid off worker cremated him within an hour.
A thought out, pre-planned, and well executed (excuse the pun), "painting" (look it up).
The FBI considers the case solved but keep it "open" for appearance sake at the family's request.

Last edited:
It really depends on my work schedule. I hadn't really thought much about Carlisle since nats is in my back yard. I hope to race at nats this year though.

I would think with all the work the previous owner did on the Imp that it would take a minimal amount of work and money to get the brakes, suspension, steering, hoses and belts refreshed and safe to get to Carlisle. Carlisle is about 350 miles from you? Have you been to Carlisle before?

I would think with all the work the previous owner did on the Imp that it would take a minimal amount of work and money to get the brakes, suspension, steering, hoses and belts refreshed and safe to get to Carlisle. Carlisle is about 350 miles from you? Have you been to Carlisle before?
Never have. Bigger than nats?

As I've said, the car is in perfect parade condition. I could drive it to Carlisle tomorrow if I wanted to but I'd more likely put it on a trailer.

Never have. Bigger than nats?

As I've said, the car is in perfect parade condition. I could drive it to Carlisle tomorrow if I wanted to but I'd more likely put it on a trailer.

i don't know....I've never been to the Nats yet. Carlisle has over 80 acres and 3000 Mopars there. It's one hell of a show. They also have (Mopar only) racing at a nearby track during the event. And.....a Miss Carlisle contest!

i don't know....I've never been to the Nats yet. Carlisle has over 80 acres and 3000 Mopars there. It's one hell of a show. They also have (Mopar only) racing at a nearby track during the event. And.....a Miss Carlisle contest!
Well, the nats is held at the track & there are lots of cars & lots of racing. I'll make it to Carlisle one of these days.

The Nats is the show for Ross because of the racing. Carlisle he would enjoy but he's to "amped up" for Carlisle

Back