Fuel leaking from fuel tank vent, sounds like coffee maker...???

OneEyed

Reaction score
Last night I finally was able to take my car for a drive after the intake/carb swap. I drove it for about twenty minutes or so. Not going over 30mph, but quite a few burnouts.

When I got home and garaged it, I went and opened the hood to check everything out and that's when I heard a weird noise coming from the rear.

I look underneath and there is a puddle of gas. I could see the vent pipe was wet, and could see it fuming as well.

The tank might be 3/4 full or a little less. Hard to tell for sure since the gauge is malfunctioning again.

Any ideas wtf happened?

could still be a gas line , leaky seal around the sender unit too. Had that happen on my Polara...

just guessing. the fuel was being pushed to the back of the tank from a few hard accelerations. pushing the fuel up into the vent a little at a time. a little pressure built up and the fuel spilt out the vent when you parked it and since you don't know the fuel level it may have been pretty full in the first place. my 2 cents

I'll try driving it normally and see if the leak goes away. I have had a leaky send unit seal before but I could see that it was fine this time.

Back