fuel pump rod turns to...

northbay65

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well the random stalling from lack of fuel, as it turns out to be from the pump rod. it banana ed and was sticking... well we got this far and figured **** it has 175k and should probably just rebuild it now instead of tearing it down in the next year or two anyway. it always gets deeper before it shallows. and yes 4bbl and intake are coming, so anybody that wants the old efficient 2bbl and intake give a shout out. it will be out and to the machine shop by the weekend IMG_0798.jpgIMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

There seems to be a lot of this going on around here and its really great to see.

Grime or no grime, even 383s don't last forever, Get after it. It'll be spring here any minute now! BTW, I thought North Bay waz way up the road past Barrie from Toronto but I'm thinkin' they don't fly the U.S. flag up there! Oh I'm so confused

FCBO started out more appearance oriented. The orientation has definitely gone more mechanical.
More members are now getting their hands really grimy.
Nice evolution. I like it.

this is my daily driver with 175k, never been rebuilt. not one drop of oil hits the ground. it will be hot tanked and rebuilt and then painted original color without any chrome. what does your daily driver look like?mopar? better yet lets see some pics from everybody's engine compartment, and how perfect they are so all the serfs can drool, then put it back in the museum or garage on blocks with two blankets, drain all fluids and disconnect the battery. see you again in the summer on dry sundays or the two shows you might attend...

Today I helped my buddy pull a SBC with a TH350 out of his Malibu. Damn. I'm used to 440's with a torqueflite. What a pc. 'o cake.

Posted via Topify on Android

this is my daily driver with 175k, never been rebuilt. not one drop of oil hits the ground. it will be hot tanked and rebuilt and then painted original color without any chrome. what does your daily driver look like?mopar? better yet lets see some pics from everybody's engine compartment, and how perfect they are so all the serfs can drool, then put it back in the museum or garage on blocks with two blankets, drain all fluids and disconnect the battery. see you again in the summer on dry sundays or the two shows you might attend...

Hey bud, just a little good-natured ribbing.

But since you asked, yep, my daily drivers are kept spotless even in the engine bay. So are my non DD's. I also wipe the door jams & every other nook/cranny that I can possibly reach every time that I wash them. And yes, all Mopar. And I have never entered a car into a judged show. I do disconnect the battery though, you're right about that.

still no pics? just a terminal,looks nice though. by the way rant wasn't directed at you, but way to keep it clean. staff members who want loyal bloggers best be nice,yes its dirty and needs love that is what i intend to do no matter the ribbing or judging. this was supposed to be a progress report on a situation that went south, some what funny with a bit of sorrow.
:boxers:
_____

small update. heads off lots of blocked water jackets, no wonder it was running warm. it also has the small exhaust valves so it time to go larger or update to 906's. light cylinder wear nothing .0030 won't clear up. game day so its quitting time. block out tomorrowIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Nice progress, can't believe those water jackets, damn. Those babies were clogged.

Here's the nice clean engine bay of my summer daily driver, by the way. This thread made me think to go look for a picture...
Engine Bay.jpg

Engine Bay.jpg

Back