For Sale Funny CL ad - 65 New Yorker sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

68-300

Reaction score
Contact seller
Seller made a nice story about the 65 NY he's selling. Too bad it's a regular sedan, I'm looking for a six window or a 2dr. A lot of pitting in the interior chrome, more than usual. Sounds like he's a MOPAR guy

1965 Chrysler For Sale or Trade

1965 Chrysler For Sale or Trade (Orlando)

"I Got me a Car, it's as big as a Whale and it's about to set Sail! I got me a Chrysler it seats about twenty, so hurry up and bring your Juke Box Money!" It's time to have your own B-52's Flashback.
I'm loved by my owner Mark, but his wife is getting quite Jealous that I occupy his attention, and I park in her spot.
My name is "Bea" and, I'm a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker, and a very rare find. Many of us were used for Demolition Derbies and now we are quickly become valuable collectors. Some Derbies even banned us for being too tough.
I am a very early production car as evidenced by my clear tail lights, which were only installed for the first couple of months of production. (if you looks up original 1965 ads for a Yorker the lights are clear, but if see them now they almost always have Red lights). I have the Big Block 413 engine which is an absolute beast; go ahead and let your friends light up their Chevy 350's and Ford 302's then hit my key and watch them piddle their parking spots. I have a BRAND NEW exhaust system and rumble with bass you will never get out of a sound system.
Bea has WORKING COLD A/C! because it's Florida... and you will want to drive me all the time... and you can't look cool if your sweating through your shirt. my A/C was converted in 2016 over to the new style Refrigerant, so it should last you a long time. Speaking of keeping your cool, Mark just gave me a NEW Champion Radiator (so new, it's not in the pics).
Like any great girlfriend, It's my quirks that make me adorable, check out my hood mounted Turn Signals, No passenger side mirror... Because we DO Own the Road, thank you very much. Lap Belts in the front only, if the kiddies need more restraint, there is always the trunk which should hold all of them (just kidding, don't do that). While not currently working; I am a cruise Control Car, I have Power Windows and Locks, and even have a self seeking radio.
I was originally purchased here in Orlando. And that explains why I have some minor rust around my pillars, where it gets rained on, but the underside is perfect! floors and trunk show no signs of problems.
and well as I get up and go, it's just as important to make sure I stop. Mark recently performed a complete brake rebuild at all four corners plus the Master Cylinder. All new bearings, wheel cylinders, springs and pads, and 2 new drums.
Mark drives me to work and for errands, about 50 miles a week. The more I drive, the happier I am. But I am an attention *****, I get loads of thumbs ups, and stares from the other cars on the road.
I'm thinking, now that I'm well seasoned, it's time for a new look. I'd look great Restored, Lowered, as a Rat Rod, or even as Donk. My basic architecture is very simple so all of these would be easy to accomplish. A quick look through Google images will give us lot's of ideas.
I am currently insured through Hagerty Collector Car Insurance, and they place my current condition Street Value at $5400. Mark would consider less in a Cash Deal, but if you're interested in a trade, that's the number your trade needs to be worth, Mark is mostly interested in a 4x4 pick up, Manual Corvette, or other Manual Convertible, but he's a pretty open guy, text him with contact info and pictures of what you are interested in trading.

1965 Chrysler New Yorker

cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: white
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

00V0V_7Vfg3z1LLuD_600x450.jpg

00P0P_bZqpicwgW4A_600x450.jpg

00f0f_dKP70D8M893_600x450.jpg

00f0f_8zcwnwQEtz1_600x450.jpg

00S0S_CNCYVUj5FI_600x450.jpg

00m0m_2WbMA0yYxZi_600x450.jpg

00H0H_e9bphe8IcAS_600x450.jpg

00S0S_duEK5dIs8ka_600x450.jpg

00202_6gs1kbklTv4_600x450.jpg

00c0c_cFwuxpYAJXE_600x450.jpg

00O0O_56EfOOmnqYP_600x450.jpg

00z0z_l43PSVukZOy_600x450.jpg

00909_71LHvQAQWjL_600x450.jpg

00P0P_20fGiqfNrsu_600x450.jpg

00H0H_8ZQ6R4B6R4x_600x450.jpg

01212_hDXoxIIm2hF_600x450.jpg

00909_lBtleN1nyS6_600x450.jpg

01616_gCHKN8UTnVg_600x450.jpg

00M0M_1N1JOktDwWD_600x450.jpg

00W0W_gWx6W4RmjaM_600x450.jpg

It would be nice if the guy could include a decent side pic of the car in addition to all those close ups.

I simply love the '65 Chryslers! This one still has the white tail lights and front glass too - cool!

Hey guys, this car is mine. I hate to sell but the wife is scared to death of it. Glad to send any pics you want. offers???

Gawd I detest that song. Even if it was about a Buick, I'd hate that stupid song.

24 pictures and not one of the whole car from the side, kinda hard to see what he is selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back