Greetings fellow C Bodians !!

1Fury1

Slab Side Slacker
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been poking around the forum here for a few months now learning lots but haven't really had much to say till now.

I'm finally ready to get the 66 Fury 1 project started. Bought one a year ago but after stripping it down found it had just a few too many issues to make it a good starter (black one in picture). I'm a sucker for a 2 dr post. Hauled the blue one home from Minnesota last month and it's really straight. Some minor touch ups on the rear quarters and a small crease on the drivers lower front fender but otherwise very clean and best of all, untouched. It has a slant 6 and 3 spd standard which will be handy having the clutch pedal setup for the 4 spd it will soon have. Someone installed front buckets (Plymouth) but it came with the original front bench which I'll be putting back in. They also moved the 3 speed to the floor without using the correct hump or linkage, just cut a hole in the floor.

The plan right now is to build the 318 poly thats in my 66 VIP to about 425 hp or so and slip it in the Fury 1. Had a good chat with Mr Poly Bill Richardson who sure understands the capabilities of this engine. Hoping to restore the interior to as close to original as possible and thats one of many areas where I'll be asking some questions.

So let the check writing begin. Ouch already.

Terry

DSC02365.jpgDSC02369.jpgDSC02381.jpgDSC02382.jpgDSC02388.jpgDSC02375.jpgDSC02377.jpgDSC02366.jpgDSC02367.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02377.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02383.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

:welcome:
Glad you're here.
You're my kinda guy, btw...
You like low line post cars.
Sticks shifts as God intended.
We'll get along just fine.

440/4 speed:

66Fury.jpg

Last edited:
Yep the plainer the better. No PS or PB, Radio delete, definitely need a heater though around here.

I do like that one!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the board....And nice little project your getting into there.

What is up with the butchered floor shifter?? Looks like a bent piece of round bar welded to the top of a hurst shifter?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome to the board....And nice little project your getting into there.

What is up with the butchered floor shifter?? Looks like a bent piece of round bar welded to the top of a hurst shifter?

Ya that's exactly what it is. Also the shift pattern is backwards too, away and down for reverse, straight up for first, in and down for second, straight ahead for third. Weird. Oh well it's all going away soon.

Welcome to the insanity, I like the black one with the rear wheel well covers.

That's the VIP with the poly I hope to use. Other than rear quarters being almost gone, it's actually in pretty good shape w/ only 49K miles. I picked it up along the way for parts and even considered a resto on it but you have to pick your poison and the Fury 1 is it.

Nice cars Terry, I really like your light blue Fury I. If you need any help or questions on the interior or anything, let me know.

1966 Fury I interior dealer book 001.jpg1966 Fury I interior dealer book 002.jpgToo bad, is Terry no longer here? I would sure like to see the progress on his I. I have the original dealer book that was with the papers to the car and according to the listing and picture of the material that is in both our cars it is code # L1B. I'll try to get a couple pic's of the book as soon as I figure out how to do it.

1966 Fury I interior dealer book 001.jpg

1966 Fury I interior dealer book 002.jpg

Last edited:
Back