Headed for the round-up, wagons ho

Yeah, the Uhaul trailers will fit a C body with room to spare, but not much. And they sway! I didn't notice it so much when there wasn't any traffic though, at least not as bad as when I was next to a big rig.

Congrats on the wagon i live in Racine,WI i have 2 wagons and my dad has one also. I would love to see the wagon in person sometime.

You’ve had some great cars and this one is no different, congrats!:thumbsup:

well, we arrived in Great Falls w/o issue. I must say and I'm not dissen anybody from Montana but I saw miles and miles of landscape with reminded me of my visit to the moon. We called UHaul this am and yes ,my trailer is ready for pick-up (i nearly fainted) well see when we get there. We hope to meet Tobias tonight on his arrival. I hate to look a car over in the dark. That's a rookie move. I'll have to rely on my 50+ years of owning these cars. More to come

I dont think you have anything to worry about with Tobias. He's a straight shooter. Good luck!

And of course...

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

OK, good to hear that report on Tobias. Got our UHaul trailer w/o any problems. I'm thinking, that big wagon is going to fit on THAT trailer, HaHaHa. They gave me the big trailer, so I guess her butt will hang over a few inches. I wish I could post pix but no smart phone tech here, i promise I'll stop and take some pix with my Kodak 100 and post ASAP

654344F7-2D1C-41A1-887F-D9C80CED6DBC.jpeg
7A05E22E-F7C7-4063-9D7C-8FC4AEA4D435.jpeg

Car is loaded on to the U Haul trailer from Mike now, hopefully my Truck will make it back to Calgary since i have some technical issues with the truck since last night.
Mike and his Wife are really nice folks was nice to meeting them.

And he said that was the big trailer.

That was my point earlier in this thread - a C Body won't fit on U-Haul's smaller car trailers. Looks like the wagon's rear tires are close to the beaver tail (slanted) part of the trailer.

I've never seen two sizes of a u haul car trailer. The one you see there is it. I've towed several C bodies with U Haul trailer... that's the size

I've never seen two sizes of a u haul car trailer. The one you see there is it. I've towed several C bodies with U Haul trailer... that's the size

Dave, I have had people who rented a trailer from U-Haul to pick up a car from me have trouble because the location they rented from did not have a larger car trailer. My understanding is that their newer trailers, at least for a period of time, were smaller.

They are eliminating the old steel trailers with new aluminum trailers. Every U Haul place I've been to or pass ( and I do take notice who has what because I may need it) has one size trailer or tow dolly , that's it.
Show me two sizes on their web site or two offerings side by side.

To add to that a larger trailer would imply the ability to move larger vehicles which they do not want to do. That's why you tell them your hauling a Dart, K car, Volkswagen, whatever , because a step up would accept our Cs

Back