Headers on 318?

iheartmopar

Reaction score
I'm looking for some fairly inexpensive headers to fit my 71 fury. It's got a 318 and the two sets I was looking at didn't really give me a 100% yes or no if it would fit.
The part numbers on Summit are SUM-G9040 and 500-78030.
Anyone out there have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Hey bud,

Bunch of grumpy old men here who aren't into headers/modifications. If you want to know where to buy hubcaps for your 14" wheels then this is the place. Headers, not so much...

Stan, any recommendations?

Alan
Almost a week later, my hat is still on, and I'm still keeping my mouth zipped about this from now on.
If half the money spent on headers where they are a waste of dollars was spent on a cure for balding, my hair would be down to my ankles.

Ohhhhhhh okay, i understand now. I wasn't aware there was an unwritten code. The only reason why i'm asking is because one of the downpipes right off the manifold is cracked and even though I work at NAPA and i have all the resources in the world, I can't find factory replacement exhaust manifolds. Hence my question.
So, upon learning this information, are there any recommendations? Those of which who appease said grumpy old men are more than welcome.

Ohhhhhhh okay, i understand now. I wasn't aware there was an unwritten code. The only reason why i'm asking is because one of the downpipes right off the manifold is cracked and even though I work at NAPA and i have all the resources in the world, I can't find factory replacement exhaust manifolds. Hence my question.
So, upon learning this information, are there any recommendations? Those of which who appease said grumpy old men are more than welcome.

Nothing wrong about putting headers on your car. It's your car and you do what you want with it. Headers are great if you don't go cheap. Even if you do, you can have them coated. You'll gain more power over stock manifolds. Like I said call hedman. They'll help.

Back