Home movie clip - Our Plymouth Wagon

FWD Look Fan

Reaction score
My family arriving at my grandparents on an Easter Sunday a long time ago. I'm the little boy in the red bow tie.
I was born in 1955, so this film is from 1960 or so? Does that jive with the model year of he wagon?
Not looking for answers, particularly, just hoping you get a kick out of this time capsule of suburban Long Island, NY.
I gotta hand it to my Mom, driving this behemoth with four little kids rolling around in the seats!
Here's a link to a 25 second clip on youtube.

Our 1960's Plymouth, and kids in our "Sunday Best."

@darth_linux We had a '57 Plymouth Suburban 2 door stick six. One day in 1960 dad saw an accident where an older couple and their groceries ended up on the street after an accident. That night he told mom to go to Sears and get seat belts!
@FWD Look Fan It's very cool to have the family films. A friend of my father's gave him an 8MM camera in 1965 and I just ran with it. In the summer of 1966 my friends and I made our own movie. The afore mentioned '57 wagon is one of the stars! Last year I bought an 8MM film scanner. It turned out between my mother and I we took almost 5,000 feet of home movies!

Neat video! That was back in a time when all Mothers seemed to have a spring-loaded rh arm. Capable of steering the car as she stabbed the brake (working the clutch, too) as her rh arm straigntened out (at the elbow) to "secure" the child sitting right beside her to the seat back . . . in a panic stop.

Thanks for sharing!
CBODY67

Back