How many 1970 chrysler 300 convertible TNT's were made?

gransedan

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

Anyone know's anything about the production numbers
of TNT optioned 1970 chrysler 300 cars?
4dr, coupe and covertibles? Except the hurst cars ofcourse, we know they came standard with that option.

I might consider to buy a gold 1970 chrysler 300 convertible if I come accross one which is nice, solid, original and unmolested.
Mecanical work no problem. Doesn't have to be a TNT;)

Great comunity! Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Pieter

Production numbers are almost impossible to find for C bodies. This may be different for seventies cars, but as for earlier C bodies, nope.

What have they done with all info??
It must be somewhere.

The commonly told story by Chrysler Historical is that there was a fire sometime in the early to mid seventies at Chrysler HQ that destroyed all records from '69-'73 or something like that. A member here "kevinmaccabe" once wrote that he remembers an executive back in the day that took it upon himself to clean house and basically trashed a number of filing cabinets full of data covering those years. And yet another rumor is that the info is all on old fashioned computer tape (think NASA and those huge machines) that no one can read or has the equipment to read, so it stays buried. Take your pick, whatever you choose, it will only be a guess at how many were made based on how many are left.

Galen Govier told me the fire story. I met him at one of the Van Nuys "Flings" a number of years ago.

Back