I know its not a c-body but....

Ok ill tease a bit more, this is my third car, a stripped down but complete 1968 charger waiting in the wings for future work
BLUE CHRGER.jpg

BLUE CHRGER.jpg

What are your plans for the Challenger and Charger? Looks like some work has already begun?

What are your plans for the Challenger and Charger? Looks like some work has already begun?

I am currently working on the green RT charger and expect i will start stripping back the paint in a month or so to start proper bodywork on her, its been awhile to get here, 8 months? so yah it will be painted within say four months then i can put the rebuilt suspension back under her, i have already bought new headliner and carpet and seat covers for her, the door cards are all good, i still have to get a new dash pad and glove box liner for her. Then i can rbuild the 440 engine and gearbox, once all thats done the major works done, i am also going to rechrome all the potmetal too.

As for the blue charger, since it already has a good interior and about 60 percent less rust than the green one had I think it will be knocked over rather quickly, oh and it has a good running engine already too, plus the suspension mechanical parts have all been done as well as I figured i owuld do them at the same time i have been doing the RT charger suspension, lotsa hard work but it makes down the track far easier.

The RT challenger i haven't worked on at all but i have been collecting all the new parts i will need to fix it, i have already gotten the new floorpans and trunkpan ready to go. Plus i have been buying new parts for the interior too headlining carpet dashpad etc as well as 15in rallye rims plus new tuff wheel flip top cap etc etc, too many parts to list, but i can tell you, i am having trouble finding places to store it all!
I moved to this country in January of last year and didn't actually start on anything till july last year as i had to buy the property first and clean it up, since then its been a slow process of fixing the house interspersed with buying tools as i needed them and tinkering on the cars. i figure if Im lucky the Green RT will be done this year and i can start the blue one. I work on these cars every day except sundays.

So i had a third charger i decided to stip as a parts car for the other two and this is the result, woof!
dead charger.jpgdead charger1.jpgthird car3.jpg

dead charger.jpg

dead charger1.jpg

third car3.jpg

I am currently working on the green RT charger and expect i will start stripping back the paint in a month or so to start proper bodywork on her, its been awhile to get here, 8 months? so yah it will be painted within say four months then i can put the rebuilt suspension back under her, i have already bought new headliner and carpet and seat covers for her, the door cards are all good, i still have to get a new dash pad and glove box liner for her. Then i can rbuild the 440 engine and gearbox, once all thats done the major works done, i am also going to rechrome all the potmetal too.

As for the blue charger, since it already has a good interior and about 60 percent less rust than the green one had I think it will be knocked over rather quickly, oh and it has a good running engine already too, plus the suspension mechanical parts have all been done as well as I figured i owuld do them at the same time i have been doing the RT charger suspension, lotsa hard work but it makes down the track far easier.

The RT challenger i haven't worked on at all but i have been collecting all the new parts i will need to fix it, i have already gotten the new floorpans and trunkpan ready to go. Plus i have been buying new parts for the interior too headlining carpet dashpad etc as well as 15in rallye rims plus new tuff wheel flip top cap etc etc, too many parts to list, but i can tell you, i am having trouble finding places to store it all!
I moved to this country in January of last year and didn't actually start on anything till july last year as i had to buy the property first and clean it up, since then its been a slow process of fixing the house interspersed with buying tools as i needed them and tinkering on the cars. i figure if Im lucky the Green RT will be done this year and i can start the blue one. I work on these cars every day except sundays.

I only wish I had the space and time to work on three very cool projects at the same time. LOL!

i was very lucky in buying a deceased estate with a 3000sq foot workshop that also has a paint booth, most of my money went into buying the projects and parts, now i am skint and have to make some more money before i can move forward again, urgh, money money money money

So i have been waiting for the parts to arrive to do the Dodge Intrepid and i decided to build a rotisserie out of a couple of engine stands. i got this done yesterday

rottisserie.jpg

rottisserie.jpg

So the Intrepid got done and I fixed the wife's Thunderbird too so i decided i could spend some more time on the charger, i did a lot of patch welding in a bunch of small places around the body as you can see from the pics, its getting there.

sill patch.jpgsill patch1.jpg

sill patch.jpg

sill patch1.jpg

So finally got the welding done then it was onto flipping her onto her side and start stripping all that body deadener, that took me about a week, after that was done i then applied an all new coat on the bottom, looks too pretty to put her back on her belly doesn't it?

rottisserie1.jpgBody deadener.jpg

rottisserie1.jpg

Body deadener.jpg

oK THE CAR is primered now and filler primer to come then rub that back and base coat to be applied, a couple of weeks?BODYWORK.jpg

BODYWORK.jpg

Did you say you moved here form another country?....Where you from originally?

Your shop, and projects look great....I'm a little jealous of your work area though.

Yeah I moved from Australia the beginning of last year and started this project about August of last year, and yeah the workshop was a BIG bonus and 3000ft! You cant see about 1600 feet of it in the picture. :yaayy:

Ok an update or two, i have been busy primering and rubbing back, also assembling the front end assy etc, heres a few pics, enjoy.Primer filler1.jpgputty.jpgrebuilt hinges.jpgrubbing back.jpg

Primer filler1.jpg

putty.jpg

rebuilt hinges.jpg

rubbing back.jpg

I slapped on the first base coat and wasnt happy with it, i dont have enough light in the workshop to see clearly, but i will get there.fender painted.jpghood painted.jpg

fender painted.jpg

hood painted.jpg

Back