I know its not a c-body but....

Car looks good I wish I could get away with piecing in patches on mine but between dents and fairly large sections missing at bottom I'm changing it up at the top. My area around the backlight I hope is not that bad the car was redone without a top but they left the v.t. trim (dummies), I haven't pulled my glass so who knows what truly waits in there. My car is just a 383 2bbl original everything is gone soooo, clean canvas hope to represent the bullit charger somewhat as a black r/t clone

Candy Apple Green?

Believe it or not but i ordered Medium Metallic green and thats what i got, I figured hey it looks better than the factory green so I will stick with it, since the car has a green interior i have to go green again. i think i will put a black vinyl roof on though to break it up even though it originally had a green one.

Wow. Nice job, indeed. I wish I had the time to do something like this with.

Yah it has been a year so far since I pulled the rust bucket into the garage, its getting there and i will be sooooooo happy when i am finished with the bodywork, I am over it.

Car looks good I wish I could get away with piecing in patches on mine but between dents and fairly large sections missing at bottom I'm changing it up at the top. My area around the backlight I hope is not that bad the car was redone without a top but they left the v.t. trim (dummies), I haven't pulled my glass so who knows what truly waits in there. My car is just a 383 2bbl original everything is gone soooo, clean canvas hope to represent the bullit charger somewhat as a black r/t clone
Yes i was lucky with the quarters, i actually have a pair of new quarters but decided to go with patching as I consider preserving the original steel makes for a better rebuild, the new quarters can go towards another project, I will probably end up swapping or selling them. I know what you mean regarding the back window area mine didnt look too bad until i pulled the glass and i ended up having to replace 70 percent of the channel with handmade metal.
On another note my second charger has a much cleaner body and i want to do that one black too, i even have a set of bullit wheel covers!

Alrighty, a bit of an update for you all, the body is in one piece again and back on its wheels, suspension all renewed and tight, i psent the last few weeks refurbishing the paintbooth I have here, it hadnt been used in over a decade and all the electrics were dead. As for the car, Im not really happy with the paint, if you look at the front drivers fender and see the reflection, you will see what I am aiming for, so Ill rub it all back and do it again, this time in the paint booth.
DSCF0949.jpgDSCF0950.jpgDSCF0951.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

DSCF0951.jpg

Ok so these winter months i have been doing some tinkering still, just on some little stuff, heres a couple of before and after pics of the instrument cluster i have done.
Cluster.jpgClusterrefurb.jpg

Cluster.jpg

Clusterrefurb.jpg

A bit of an update, i finished the heater box, total disassembly and repair etc.
heaterbox.jpgheaterbox1.jpgheaterbox2.jpgheaterbox3.jpgheaterbox4.jpg

heaterbox.jpg

heaterbox1.jpg

heaterbox2.jpg

heaterbox3.jpg

heaterbox4.jpg

I am currently working on the steering column now and almost finished what i can on that and i have also stripped the seats and painted the frames so far, more pics to come in the coming weeks.

Its slow progress, the clear top coat i decided to rub back to give it another coat and damn, i been at it two weeks rubbing with 200 grit, its tough stuff, and still got a third to go. No wonder the product is called "Hammer Tough"

Believe it or not but i ordered Medium Metallic green and thats what i got, I figured hey it looks better than the factory green so I will stick with it, since the car has a green interior i have to go green again. i think i will put a black vinyl roof on though to break it up even though it originally had a green one.

Looks nice and looks like Rallye Green

Back