I was watching "Good morning Vietnam" last night

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
And to my surprise in the back ground was a yellow 66 Polara/Monaco 4dr cruising along in the back ground for about 10 seconds right behind the jeep with Williams and the other main charactor.

What got me thinking was that the story started off in mid 1965.
I think it showed up about 10 to 15 minutes into the movie..
Due to time lines in movies I must have missed the advancing of time since the car is definitely a 66 and it seems to me that the prop's team messed up as I was thinking what is a 1966 Polara doing in Vietnam if it was brand new and the time is supposed to be 1965???

I'm thinking I missed something here.. :head_smack:

I found a website pointing out all the movie flub's but no mention of the Polara although there is mention of a 1971 Holden motor car appearing near the beginning of the movie.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093105/goofs

A 66 could appear if the time frame was August to December....I suppose. probably three people in the world have noticed what you noticed ....

That kind of thing happens all the time in movies and on TV. I just smugly point it out to whoever is watching with me so that they will think "WOW .... your so smart"! Then let it go.

A 66 could appear if the time frame was August to December....I suppose. probably three people in the world have noticed what you noticed ....

SInce I own a 66 Polara it jumped right out at me..
I thought it was really cool to see one but then got thinking about the time line in the movie..

That kind of thing happens all the time in movies and on TV. I just smugly point it out to whoever is watching with me so that they will think "WOW .... your so smart"! Then let it go.
I see what you did with the 409 dipstick thing then.
Smart.........

I see what you did with the 409 dipstick thing then.
Smart.........

Yeah ....... It's wonderful to be able to recall totally useless auto trivia ........ Now if I could only remember where I put that 7/16's wrench down .......... :eusa_think:.

Back