I would like to rebuild my 440 HP

morepar

Reaction score
Hi C body buddies! I found the original engine for my 1970 chrysler 300 Hurst it spun a bearing at 30,000 miles and was taken apart but I found it!! I would like to do a stock rebuild , what kit would you recommend? And anything I should be careful of ? Thanks!!

The best thing you can do is to make sure that you have the right people that know what they are doing upon tear down and assembly, instead of just slapping it together. Use good forged pistons stay away from cast. There is really no "kit" it is just knowing what you need. With 30k miles you might be able to just turn the crank and fix the rod or rods that spun. If it has not been sitting outside you may be able to clean and fix what you need without rebuilding the whole thing.

Hi C body buddies! I found the original engine for my 1970 chrysler 300 Hurst it spun a bearing at 30,000 miles and was taken apart but I found it!! I would like to do a stock rebuild , what kit would you recommend? And anything I should be careful of ? Thanks!!

Wow,.....home run! That's not easy to do. Congratulations!

What's the VIN,.....photo of the 300/H?

Build it to 1969 440/375 specs and it will be the smoothest, most reliable, go-fast engine you can build for the money.

Gotta love a 69 - 440!!
IMG_6888.JPG

Back