Identify these wheels?

67-Monaco-MM1

Reaction score
Hey Im new here and still trying to figure this thing out but was wondering if anyone could help identify these wheels for me (Brand/Model)?
Was thinking of running a similar setup on my 67 Monaco as well.
04C98676-1EFF-4051-9893-9A6A644ED470.jpeg

E6CEAB02-AC46-4313-AFBB-782DBAF1E555.jpeg
thanks.

American Racing Torque-Thrust II black chrome finish, not sure what the model number is, check AR515 and go from that point. I like those on that Dodge!

American Racing Torque-Thrust II black chrome finish, not sure what the model number is, check AR515 and go from that point. I like those on that Dodge!
Okay thanks,
Wasn’t sure if they were those or Ridler 695’s grey with machined lip

Yes, I agreed with both previous statements. Not trying to be flaky, it's just that both are true.

Gotta remember, much of the "big wheel" craze is driven (pun intended) by the utter dearth of availability of stock-sized tires; as well as larger 14" and 15" rubber we all ran in the '70s and '80s. Kinda sucks when even what we'd consider mainstream tire sizes are becoming extinct, or seldom-seen in the wild, at best.

Thanks for all the input,

Here’s some pics of my personal car as requested. My grandpa bought it new in 67 and drove it until 1979. It was parked in a small shed until 2001 (before I was born) when my dad and our farm mechanic put a new 318 in out of an 87 Fifth Avenue (a whopping 150 hp lol)(I know small blocks aren’t very common in these but there seem to be more with them here in Canada). I would never modify it to where it could not be easily taken back to stock but would consider lowering it 1.5-2 inches and putting on some nice wheels, might not go all the way to 17’s but would consider them, I also am a fan of dog dishes.
D7D5CE66-60C4-479B-87BD-63C1A521A33B.jpeg
85BBAD7C-81FC-414A-A506-F1CD22AED85F.jpeg
6C18820F-86B3-419E-99DB-86B6B48D7658.jpeg
661BFE86-1D77-477D-9510-A739619B5E6A.jpeg

It needs some work, but it’s a good family heirloom

Believe it or not if the original engine was a 318 it also made just 150 HP.
Remember the new engine is rated in NET HP the old is rated in gross.
I know what ya mean about the lack of 15" tires. It's getting hard to find em for my Dakota.

Nice rides!

Welcome from a fellow Canuk. I learned to drive in my Dad's 67 Polara 2dr with /6. Could hardly get out of its own way but at 16 years old I sure appreciated the 2 large bench seats ;)
until 2001 (before I was born)
I find it heartening that a young buck like you has taken to one of these classics and is making the effort to keep it on the road. Just a warning from someone 3X your age this could become a life time passion. Good luck with this car and please keep us posted as you work on it. :thumbsup:

I find it heartening that a young buck like you has taken to one of these classics and is making the effort to keep it on the road. Just a warning from someone 3X your age this could become a life time passion. Good luck with this car and please keep us posted as you work on it. :thumbsup:
Thanks, will do

Nice car. The stock horsepower rating was more like 230, as I recall. With a compression ratio of close to 9.2 to 1 (or close to it). Whereas the '85 318s had lower compression. Otherwise probably pretty similar in other specs. When did the roller cam 318s start to happen?

As to lowering the car . . . it might look neat, BUT . . . with that long rear section, it can "drag the exhaust pipe or rear bumper" even with stock ride height and some people in the back seat. The lowered ride height can also make the rocker panel area vulnerable when going over humps in the approach apron just driving into driveways and businesses if you just drive across them normally. End result, such lowness can be more hassle than it's worth just to look cooler. AND, the suspension will be that much closer to bottoming out on normal bumps, which is not good either. These would be things which might not be considered until it's too late, by observation. Not to mention driving across railroad tracks!

You might perceive the roads you travel are pretty smooth and level, but they can be pretty far from it (when the body starts to drag over the humps and dips). But this is a variable thing. To me, the cars were designed to have suspension travel in BOTH directions (with basic ride height being about in the middle of the travel). With a good set of HD shocks (at least back then), it always made me feel good when I didn't have to really slow down for curves and dips (as Fords and Chevies had to, due to their softer suspensions) and could enjoy the benefits of the torsion bar/leaf spring suspension. The difference between "profiling" (and having to drive slower) than having respectable enjoyment in "driving".

Take care,
CBODY67

Back