I'm thinking about getting a vintage trailer!

well how long ago was hayt ?i asked them 6 yrs ago & my local one said no camn do
on my 72 new yorkr the rear frame rails r the same with as a 87 d 150 ttruck but the trucks frame was made from c channel the new yorker is retangle unibody tube stock i hade to get the factory welded on her / no way to bolt it on

on my 72 new yorkr the rear frame rails r the same with as a 87 d 150 ttruck but the trucks frame was made from c channel the new yorker is retangle unibody tube stock i hade to get the factory welded on her / no way to bolt it on
if u have a old school parts store they may have a bumper style clamp on 1
mine did after i found miner in a resteration yard near me

U haul has a hitch listed for my '68 Fury, but doesn't have one for '66 C's. They have an offer where if you can bring your car to their Tempe, Arizona facility, they'll build a custom hitch for you for free. That offer only works if you're the first car of that type to contact them though.

Trailer Hitches & Towing Accessories

I also second the suggestions for an aux tranny cooler, and equalizer bars if you're towing through mountain passes and/or at higher speeds. I spend a lot of time towing at 30-40k combined, and on regular single rear wheel trucks you can get a surprising amount of sway out of small 5k trailers. The bars make a huge difference.

Back