Imperial Exhaust

MoparapoM

Reaction score
Is there a 'reliable' source for a reproduction exhaust system?

Thanks, Bruce

Awesome! Great info, thanks. I've been MoPar since 1970 and know the A & B bodies best. Also have a good knowledge of the 1972 > 1980 Trucks. However, the C-Class is new to me so I'll be needing lots of 'sheparding'.

Thank you all, in advance.
Bruce

Not sure what year Imp you're doing, but if you're thinking of going with duals, adding resonators will keep "the quiet factor" which all Imps (especially LeBarons) should have...….

As I recall, the '72 Imperial single exhaust uses 2.5" inlet/outlet pipes. Allegedly same flow restriction as an OEM Street Hemi muffler, but in a C-body size "case". Upgraded my '67 Newport 383 4bbl factory single exhaust system to that muffler and pipes. Had a small issue with the ball joint connection at the front, plus had to get the rear resonator-eliminator pipe bent upward to match the lower quarter panel angles of the '67. Sounds stock, as it should. Sourced it all from Walker Exhaust, back in the late '80s. Might check an online NAPA Exhaust catalog for the muffler specs (should be online) or possibly an online Walker Exhaust catalog (will probably show everything "NA" except the muffler, clamps, and possibly the mounts.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

It's not my car, so I'll forgo publicity. I haven't exhausted all the possibilities, but in my quick scan I didn't see a Dual Exhaust setup being offered. This car's engine is the 350 horsepower with the low performance manifolds, however I have a set of the 375 horsepower C body manifolds that could be installed 'if' there was a Dual setup available. I'm thinking the Imperial having the front subframe suspension may be why they seem to be orphaned from the Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler siblings?
Again thanks, Bruce

Back