Interior upgrade cost

Interior

1. JimmyRich

JimmyRich New Member

I just got a quote to redo front and rear seats, headliner and carpet here in Kerrville Tx for $3800 and be 2 months before they can get to it. Is this about average?

2. cbarge

cbarge World Famous Barge in a Budget FCBO Gold Member

If you are able,and want to save some money,at least do the carpet yourself.
    It is not that hard to do since you will have the seats out anyways..
    6661_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=j_310lWbQncAX8ufjWB&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 65_Polara

65_Polara Member

That's a little better than what I've been quoted. Upholstery is unreal expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mikedrini

mikedrini Well-Known Member FCBO Gold Member

All that tuggin and pullin and gruntin and hogrings, burlap, foam, yada yada yada...

5. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

$3800 and yer done. All ready to show.
    Price is probably about average. Two week wait isn’t too bad to accumulate materials. Can they give you a completion date in writing? Last year it took my guy months to finish just the seats due to the virus shut-downs.
    I ordered and installed my carpet while seats were out at the upholsterers. (They didn’t have room in their shop to leave my car) Wasn’t difficult except when it came to making all the cut-outs required. Just sore back and knees! Was very careful and double checked every cut and notch in my brand new carpet. I bought the headliner kit but will have it installed by the same guy that did the seats. They’re so busy and shop is packed he’d rather come to my place and have it installed within an hour. $100 done. Getting carpet to lay flat and headliners installed without wrinkles is tricky and the pros do it all day long.

6. bluefury361

bluefury361 Old Man with a Hat

A pair of bucket seats will cost around $1K, rear seat around $8-900, Headliner should cost around $500.00, including the materials. A carper set is about $250-300.00, easy to do yourself.

Hourly labor rate in most reputable shops will be $100.00 hr.

My trimmer had my front bucket seats done in a week. I took them out and reinstalled them.

DSC05459.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. BigblueC

BigblueC Senior Member

Two years ago I was quoted by three local shops $12-1500 per bench seat using SMS fabric. I think headliner and windlace was going to be another $1K also using SMS materials.

8. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

When I priced my interior last year SMS ‘s material prices weren't bad but any custom work was pricey with looong lead times. They’re very busy. Bought my carpet from them. It was promptly drop-shipped right from ACC yet cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JJ300

JJ300 Member

Seems about right. I paid $1200 for seat covers, front and back, paid $1000 for trim shop to recover. I took them out myself. I plan to do headliner and carpet myself. $500 in matl's....

10. barnfind

barnfind Senior Member

baby-throwing-money-away.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2