Is Q4 a desirable color?

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
IMG_4989.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
I happen to really like this color....thoughts on this are appreciated!

Last edited:
I don't know how usual or unusual this color was back then, but I do like it too. In my opinion it is a rather sporty color that suits Dodges and Plymouth very well, but it also gives a Chrysler that certain something.

69er_Chrysler_Newport_Sedan_FOR_SALE_7600.jpg

It’s a beautiful color!

The design and/or sales department of MaMopar back then must have judged it to be too much of a GM tone. Suits a ’67 Riviera or Toronado beautifully. Would suit a ’69-’71 New Yorker 2-door just fine, too.

Carsten does have a Q4 69 Chrysler 300 and i owned 2 69 polara,s in Q4.........
I miss my 69 500 Q4 , looked great with redline tires.....
P1000025.JPG

I love both Q4 and Q5. I sure do miss the days when Mopar offered colors and not just white, 4 shades of grey and black.

My OCD prevents me from doing so but If I were going to change mine from the original color, it would be Q5 because they didn't offer Q4 on Plymouth's in 69.

To answer your question, yes, it is . As usual I am in the minority . It is not high on my favorites list, probably in the middle .

I LOVE Q4 or any shade of Turquoise. I kick myself for not buying a Turquoise '68 VIP back in the early 90's but I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together then. Mother MOPAR offered some great Turquoise colors over the years IMHO.

I LOVE Q4 or any shade of Turquoise. I kick myself for not buying a Turquoise '68 VIP back in the early 90's but I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together then. Mother MOPAR offered some great Turquoise colors over the years IMHO.

Aha, yeah I was a broke bloke then too. I think several manufactures had colors similar that were really popular. I had a 67 Mustang and the color was called clear water blue aqua. Loved the color more than the car. I know that the second most popular color for GM on the Corvette in 67 was Marina Blue, another pretty one. My Brother had a 69 GTX in the b5 it was neat. Shoulda kept that one. 1 owner 440 4 speed export car!! Another friend had a Road Runner, I think it was a 68, he always called the color electric blue. Another sweet color.

My A12 Roadrunner was Q5. I got a lot of compliments on that color.

Funny thing was that when I got the car in the 1979, I thought about painting it another color. The original paint was dull and looked awful. A friend of mine stopped over with his girlfriend just after I bought it and we were talking about it... She said "that might be a nice color if had some shine". Just to humor her (and she was pretty hot too), I grabbed some rubbing compound and went after the door.... That made the decision right then and there....

I am still kicking myself about this one, matching interior too. I had saved the number and called a year later and was told it sold, but was actually close to me and was advertising it in the Detroit CL because he was going to the show in a few months. He sold it at the wagon show. This seems like the only picture I saved.

67 wagon.jpg

Q4 and Q5 are very nice colors. I'm surprised they were more popular back in the day. Especially over green cars. LOL.

Back