Just a minor update

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
This is the $24 hood ornament Mr C found on EBay.

DSC01973.jpgDSC01979.jpgDSC01980.jpg

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

That looks awesome. I hate to even make a negative comment or jinx you but aren't you afraid it will get stolen? I couldn't park it in public & go into a store. First born worrier....

The icing on a very sweet cake...

Yours was missing Bob? Is that the correct one.......makes the car look like you have money......well done.

Yours was missing Bob? Is that the correct one.......makes the car look like you have money......well done.

My original ornament had both red emblems missing. The one I got from the Texas had one emblem. I bought another one from EBay that was total POS. This one is used (barely) there's a little wear at the base but it looks spectacular. It's actually a distraction when I'm driving now because I'm constantly looking at it.
around the base

Nice score! Hope the car is wet because it was accidently caught in the rain.

Unfortunately, I don't have a garage. I normally keep it covered in inclement weather. I waited until the morning to install the grill and that damn storm/blizzard snuck up on me before I could finish. BTW, a 15/16th deep offset box wrench is the only way to get that ornament speed nut loose on formal NY'ers.

Don't worry about the distraction. Some teenage punk will break it off the next couple of weeks. :)

I don't park it anywhere that I'm concerned about that. I live in a very small community and the local kids won't mess with it.

Good for you. I'm blessed with two garages right at the house, no issues as well.

BTW, a 15/16th deep offset box wrench is the only way to get that ornament speed nut loose on formal NY'ers.
And how are the slashes on your hand healing?

BTW, please forgive me but I had to do this. The Inner Child thing perhaps...
I'm doing this because I want people to look deeply into the ornament and appreciate the unseen detail that Chrysler used to put into their high line products back in the day. For example, those three shields didn't have to have a diagonal crest in them nor did the lions' tails and manes need to be so intricate.
Those days are gone.
And the person who designed the emblem is long gone also. Why two lower and one upper shield within a large shield? We'll never know.

20k2a0z.jpg

Last edited:

I'm doing this because I want people to look deeply into the ornament and appreciate the unseen detail that Chrysler used to put into their high line products back in the day. For example, those three shields didn't have to have a diagonal crest in them nor did the lions' tails and manes need to be so intricate.
Those days are gone.
And the person who designed the emblem is long gone also. Why two lower and one upper shield within a large shield? We'll never know.

20k2a0z.jpg

I've got that same emblem on my door panels.

Those days are gone.

20k2a0z.jpg

Thanks Stan. That really brings out beauty of the ornament!

In comparison to 1948......

Click on the picture and see the fine art that this woman does with Chrysler cars. Just amazing!

Last edited:
Back