Look what I found today!

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was prepping out the dash to paint and was originally going to take the glove box off but changed my mind and left it in place. I was glad I decided to try and take the door off, because I wouldn’t have noticed the lower compartment in the glove box.

Inside I found the original window invoice, instruction manual and a few of the original owner’s license registration. It has been a great day.

Invoice.jpgOperating Instrustions.sm.jpg

Invoice.jpg

Operating Instrustions.sm.jpg

WOW!! 4,900... that was a lot of coin back then. Nothing like a window sticker or original invoice.

How close is that dealership to home? Are they still there?

WOW!! 4,900... that was a lot of coin back then. Nothing like a window sticker or original invoice.

How close is that dealership to home? Are they still there?

The dealer is long gone. They didn't even sound familiar to me. Springfield is only 25 miles from my house, so my 300 has only moved one county east from the original and secound owner.

Ain't it cool to find that! I made a similar discovery of similar things when I first bought my car.

Is the building still there? Get some photos of the car at the building

I did a little research and it looks like they have been out of business since 1976, so I'm sure any building is long gone by now. There has been a the current Chrysler dealership in town since then.

The year after I bought my Convertible I went back looking for the dealership building. It is still there, converted into a strip mall building. I took pictures with the car in fromt just the same, for novelty and the cars history.

I found the address of the dealership where my car was first delivered to, in Brooklyn NY. It is long gone. Only the strong survive I guess. Would have been so cool to maybe talk with the original sales guy.

That would be a cool story but how many sales guys stay at a dealership for thirty years

The year after I bought my Convertible I went back looking for the dealership building. It is still there, converted into a strip mall building. I took pictures with the car in fromt just the same, for novelty and the cars history.

I would laminate that window sticker.

I like both ideas, thanks. I will have to find out where the old dealership was. It is an old blue collar town and there are a lot of old buildings that have been abandoned, so who knows. The current Chrysler dealership was already established before the orginal dealer went out of business, so he probably didn't take over their store front.

First picture could be an old dealership. Showroom in the front, service in the back and big lot for cars...

Bryan I think you are right. That would make it a W Main address and actually the only corner that makes sence. I will have to take a drive out and check it out. Thanks for posting the pictures Stan

Losing employees just as they start to know what they are doing is good business practice? Guess I'm just an old school HR guy.

Back