Mr C's Christmas Imperial

There is a plastic half lens under the chrome end cap. The 68 chrome end/ grille extension thing is blocked off by on the headlight side and only permits the cornering lamp to shine light towards, well, the corner you're going around.
I prefer the 68 grille as I find the chrome ribs compliment the taillight treatment. The front bumper harkens back to the 60 Imperial with the pronounced brows, and the wider side profile with the marker lights carries the side body profile to the front of the car, which I also like.
I do wish the wood had continued in 68 on the interiors...the bronze pieces are almost always missing (I only have a couple of pieces and will need to figure something out).
I could go on, but I'll summarize that I feel about the 67/68 Imperials in much the same way as I do about the 59/60...I like certain aspects of each but would love to have either. I'm lucky I could find and save this one.

By the way, still looking for an Electroeye for my headlight sentinel system and Auto pilot linkage from the Autopilot servo down to the accelerator/ trans.
I have a spare linkage for the auto pilot @Mr C , pay for shipping and it’s yours.

What was the production numbers on the 68 Imp verts?

Pretty low IIRC.

So far just this one. Can you imagine black over silver when It was new?:wideyed:
9B89AB36-2CEF-45B8-B185-9CD273B11476.jpeg
E7617579-1AD1-47D4-873E-02625B427FD3.jpeg
0F45E53D-4C68-43EE-8A10-A715AAE2492E.jpeg

So far just this one. :wideyed:

Wasn't there that one in California I posted up a while back with the non-factory replacement interior? I don't know if that was the original configuration, but I think it was sliver on silver.

Wasn't there that one in California I posted up a while back with the non-factory replacement interior? I don't know if that was the original configuration, but I think it was sliver on silver.
I forgot about that one and I Had repeated attempts at getting him to share a pic of the fender tag with me and it never happened iirc..

Wow That Junkyard picture shows the Tilt & Tele Steering column and the Budd Disc Brakes are still on it !

They say that today, a Nissan Versa (or any subcompact that you can name) is safer than any of the old Detroit iron.

9b89ab36-2cef-45b8-b185-9cd273b11476-jpeg.jpg

:bs_flag:

I like my Monaco but I'd rather be in that Versa, comforted in a bunch of airbags, in a wreck.

If a modern car got hit by that Imp the passengers would need those airbags. The passengers in the Imperial would maybe need to brace themselves...lol. This is after looking at the assembly of my '66. Thicker steel, bolts every 3", this thing is a tank.

Extreme example but it exemplifies my point, proportionately

Accidente+transito+camion.jpg

Without knowing anything about the events, I'll hazzard a guess on who walked away.
More is better.

So, I've run the codes on the convertible and she shakes out as follows:

CAR: Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: August 11.
AXLE: Unknown Axle Code
INTERIOR:
PAINT:
OTHER: Black Racing Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
20: Unknown Option

ABC OPTIONS:
B3: Cruise Control
D9: Front Disk Brakes
H2: Power Locks
J8: Remote Trunk Release
K8: Power Windows
L9: Power Vent Windows
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
Q9: Sentinel Lighting
R4: Unknown Option
S3: Autotemp Air Conditioning
V2: Unknown Option
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y0: Green Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
j0: Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Any help on what the unknown options (V2) would be appreciated.

So, I've run the codes on the convertible and she shakes out as follows:

CAR: Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Convertible
ENGINE: 440cid 4-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: August 11.
AXLE: Unknown Axle Code
INTERIOR:
PAINT:
OTHER: Black Racing Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
20: Unknown Option

ABC OPTIONS:
B3: Cruise Control
D9: Front Disk Brakes
H2: Power Locks
J8: Remote Trunk Release
K8: Power Windows
L9: Power Vent Windows
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
Q9: Sentinel Lighting
R4: Unknown Option
S3: Autotemp Air Conditioning
V2: Unknown Option
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y0: Green Convertible Top

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats
j0: Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
k7: Passenger Outside Manual Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

Any help on what the unknown options (V2) would be appreciated.

Guessing R4 is the code for the Radio it came with. They used Rxx as the Audio codes up until very recently. I always find it interesting how many codes still mean similar options even today.

Cxx - Seats/Consoles
Rxx - Audio
Pxx - Power options
Gxx - Glass
X9 - Black Interior
Hxx - Heating/AC
Exx - Engines
Dxx - Transmission/Driveline
Axx - Light Groups

etc etc

Guessing R4 is the code for the Radio it came with. They used Rxx as the Audio codes up until very recently. I always find it interesting how many codes still mean similar options even today.

Cxx - Seats/Consoles
Rxx - Audio
Pxx - Power options
Gxx - Glass
X9 - Black Interior
Hxx - Heating/AC
Exx - Engines
Dxx - Transmission/Driveline
Axx - Light Groups

etc etc

That Rxx is definitely a radio or radio related stuff like R48, which is a power antenna. My sources sadly lack the year-specific radio codes for this model year.

Back