My 1996 Newport mild resto/performance project.

Took her out for a couple of hours today and I'm totally in love with this car... turns heads everywhere I go. Drives fantastic except for a small miss on tip in -but I'll figure that out -no big deal. Actually got good gas mileage -drive her from Harrisburg to Lancaster PA -did not miss a beat on the HWY -drove straight -rode awesome... had her cruising at about 70-75 the whole way. She turns the tires :3gears:

Man am I happy with this car!

Time to break in the back seat... :eek:s_dancing2:

Sounds awesome! Glad to hear everything is working out. Post more pics of the car would love to see some!

Nice car man! I don't know how I missed this thread, well really I do, I've been a bit preoccupied and my forum visits have been on the quick side lately.
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Good for you but I cant figure how you forgot to take pictures..... Back seat? I remember those days, now i'm too old and dont fit

In a back seat like that you don't fit? I'm thinking you could make it happen in a pinch!

I had a 72' Dodge Charger with the most excellent seats for such activities. It was like a mini cavern back there and with no windows. Springs squeaked way too much though. That was the only give away.

Thanks for posting the clip. You must be proud having a nice survivior like that. A very important piece of Mopar history that's still on the road.

Wouldn*t change a thing about the appearance. Too clean and original IMHO. A professional clean-up and polishing will make this car just more outstanding. Red heater hoses would be my first replacement.

Wouldn*t change a thing about the appearance. Too clean and original IMHO. A professional clean-up and polishing will make this car just more outstanding. Red heater hoses would be my first replacement.

Yeah I'm working over the engine bay real good -those hoses are deff on my list.

WOW....that is nice, and some yutz was about to take it to the demo derby did you say??? That would have been a crying shame had that happened. At some point in the future I'd love to see that car in person. I'm not that far away--for a good road trip to happen, plus I'm always looking for excuses to go driving.

WOW....that is nice, and some yutz was about to take it to the demo derby did you say??? That would have been a crying shame had that happened. At some point in the future I'd love to see that car in person. I'm not that far away--for a good road trip to happen, plus I'm always looking for excuses to go driving.

Totally down... I cannot stop diving this thing... I'm still not legal -but I will admit to being weak -I HAVE to drive it a little... cannot get her all legal till after the new year (work, holiday, ect)

Totally down... I cannot stop diving this thing... I'm still not legal -but I will admit to being weak -I HAVE to drive it a little... cannot get her all legal till after the new year (work, holiday, ect)

HaHa, anticipation is killing ya, I know that feeling.

Back