My 1996 Newport mild resto/performance project.

Andrew R

Reaction score
1966! not 96 lol
I honestly had no plans what so ever of buying a Newport -but stumbled into this gem and had to buy it.
66 Sedan, 383, Torqueflite, 23,000 original miles.

Just going to do some basic mods, exhaust and possibly some minor bolt-ons and cruise. This car is in amazing condition -don't wanna screw it up.
Some dude was going to use it for a demo car and I saved it.

8098714015_c4f2de4fda_c.jpg

8098712815_f6dd628ace_c.jpg

8098710913_5ffd03686b_c.jpg

8098711677_3a398b6a24_c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice job saving that Newport! It looks too nice for a demo. Low mileage big block. Nice!

Strange... my OP is not there or not visible to me...

Anyway here she is... 66 Sedan 383, Torqueflite, 23,000 original miles... saved her from a demo.

Overall in excellent condition, minimal rust, runs and drives good. Going to do some minor work such as exhaust and maybe some bolt-ons.

8098714015_c4f2de4fda_b.jpg

Welcome to the site.

I think we discussed this car while it was listed for sale.

Let see some more pictures of the interior and under the hood. I can't believe this car was considered for the derby.

Welcome to the site.

I think we discussed this car while it was listed for sale.

Not sure if the car was ever listed here or elsewhere... I was driving on a rural road in PA and saw it sitting with a small sign on it -stopped by and bought it the next day so I don't think we discussed it.

No more pics at the moment -car is in storage, I will be moving it soon so I will snap some shots then... everything is in order from what I can tell -all original, bone stock.

Any idea on the value of this thing?

I personally think I got a great deal -under $3000

Last edited:
Andy, time for a new avatar....

Are you familiar with Herndon, PA? I used to do a lot of driving around the back roads in that area. Came across zillions of classics sitting on the front lawns. That area was Mecca to me.

Andy, time for a new avatar....

Are you familiar with Herndon, PA? I used to do a lot of driving around the back roads in that area. Came across zillions of classics sitting on the front lawns. That area was Mecca to me.

Hahaha once I get some more pics of the Newport I'll come up with something... I love the RX-7 2100lbs and it puts 386hp/390tq to the wheels... fun car.

Not sure where Herndon is... there are all sorts of deals around here -you just have to go hunting (out driving) I saw a 44 Chrysler with about 30,000 miles for $2500 a few months back...

I thought maybe only Stan, Cheech & Chong, me and a few others would know.

Back