My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

I'm tired of junk parts and poor service. I had my steering pump rebuilt by Lares and leaks like a sieve. I'm going to buy a rebuiltView attachment 122807 cardone pump and see if it will work. on another subject, we were at a small swap meet and I picked up these corner lights. If anybody needs them, I'd like to trade for or toward some rebuildable power window motors
I think we could work something out, sending pm.

Matt, thanks for the reply. The lenses are in no way mint, they would be serviceable if a person had nothing, all three have some issues. the frames are pretty decent, maybe a 6-7 on a scale of 1-10, I'd give the lenses 4-5.
DSC09226.JPG
DSC09227.JPG
DSC09227.JPG
DSC09228.JPG
DSC09229.JPG
DSC09230.JPG

Thanks Matt!! What do you think about the rotors? Are you happy with them? For $190 a piece, they should be perfect :wideyed: It's a lot of money, but if the quality is right, it's ok for such a niche product!

Well considering it's the only game in town I feel lucky that they don't sell them for more. As far as quality?, my concern is that the metal content is inferior to the old ones and that they won't last as long but I'm running non-metallic pads so we'll see. I just dropped it off for an allignment a few minutes ago and I'm really looking forward to putting some miles on it. This is the next thing I address as I turn my attention to the rear.
IMG_20170426_083912349.jpg

Well considering it's the only game in town I feel lucky that they don't sell them for more. As far as quality?, my concern is that the metal content is inferior to the old ones and that they won't last as long but I'm running non-metallic pads so we'll see. I just dropped it off for an allignment a few minutes ago and I'm really looking forward to putting some miles on it. This is the next thing I address as I turn my attention to the rear.
View attachment 122882

Matt: Just soak that bushing in eight ounces of Mazola, and you'll be good to go. . .

As close as you live to my shop and as much as I drive it I'm shocked you haven't seen it but you can call me anytime you want to stop by and see it.
Here's my fix for replacing the bushing on this end of the track bar. Not sure it'll be a long term one so time will tell. I just went to the local off roader shop(Mumbly's) and we went through a few drawers worth of misc bushings and came up with a pair that fit with the least amount of mods. I just had to cut a 1/4" off of one to equal the width of the bar itself. The bushings on the other end are actually fine for the time being and at least now the bar won't make contact with the leaf spring.

IMG_20170426_181127206.jpg
IMG_20170426_181133684.jpg
IMG_20170426_181025164.jpg

As close as you live to my shop and as much as I drive it I'm shocked you haven't seen it but you can call me anytime you want to stop by and see it.
Here's my fix for replacing the bushing on this end of the track bar. Not sure it'll be a long term one so time will tell. I just went to the local off roader shop(Mumbly's) and we went through a few drawers worth of misc bushings and came up with a pair that fit with the least amount of mods. I just had to cut a 1/4" off of one to equal the width of the bar itself. The bushings on the other end are actually fine for the time being and at least now the bar won't make contact with the leaf spring.

View attachment 123482 View attachment 123483 View attachment 123484

That Mazola works wonders. . .

It actually uses the same eye bushing as the rear shocks. If you don't have a decent one in an old shock, dorman or help! Sells them individually. Not to say that setup won't work Matt. Just fyi.

It actually uses the same eye bushing as the rear shocks. If you don't have a decent one in an old shock, dorman or help! Sells them individually. Not to say that setup won't work Matt. Just fyi.
Now you tell me....

Ya, I know pal, sorry. That's what I thought when I was typing it. :rolleyes: If its any consulation, a factory strut rod bushing works GREAT on the other side!

Thanks again Dana for the timely info for the other end and I will say that I have both new and used bushings from shocks on hand and they're softer than the likely urethane bushing that I found for it so when I hit the road courses this year I should notice a huge difference.

:rofl: Just don't shine the seats up. That's a long way to slide into the passenger door panel!

I put the armrest down so no worries.

Well considering it's the only game in town I feel lucky that they don't sell them for more. As far as quality?, my concern is that the metal content is inferior to the old ones and that they won't last as long but I'm running non-metallic pads so we'll see. I just dropped it off for an allignment a few minutes ago and I'm really looking forward to putting some miles on it.

$190 is not a bad price. I paid more than that for mine a few years back. At that time, I was still buying off the group buy from the Imperial club. Heck, at that price, I might just buy a set against the future.

I also read elsewhere that you did the stainless caliper rebuild. Good choice. I cheaped out when I did mine as I was trying to stay under budget. I regret that choice.

$190 is not a bad price. I paid more than that for mine a few years back. At that time, I was still buying off the group buy from the Imperial club. Heck, at that price, I might just buy a set against the future.

I also read elsewhere that you did the stainless caliper rebuild. Good choice. I cheaped out when I did mine as I was trying to stay under budget. I regret that choice.
Hey Man, long time no see. How you been?

Back