My Rust Repair job just got a lot easier!

So I figured out how to 'videoize" my work if "videoize" is a real word.. :D

<strong>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. You deserve this :

captain-video-card_thumb.jpg

captain-video-card_thumb.jpg

I welded the spring perches last night. not the prettiest but fully functional :)

20150408_194528.jpg

20150408_194533.jpg

20150408_194540.jpg

20150408_194547.jpg

I finally got myself a decent mig welder with gas. Lincoln 170(DC) unit.
I should be welding up a storm soon.
I also have a lead on a good pair of rear wheel wells inner & outer. :)

I have cleaned my work area in the mean time while recovering from a major kidney stone attack (1/2") diameter...

I feel very lucky to be a man but when I think of the day I might have a kidney stone to pass through I cringe with terror.

Surgery my friends... They tried last week but it was not in a good place to grab and the lasers couldn't bust it up..
I see the surgeon again in 2 weeks.
I see some videos of guys claiming to pass some this size but it's very doubtful.
Unless they have the equipment to handle something like that. :icon_salut:

I know I don't..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

well I wish you the best of luck bud and you are doing some fine work keep it up.

The gas addition to your mig will make things even better for you. I added the gas to my little lincoln wire feed about 2 years ago...man what a difference.

Your work is looking great, and hats off to you on tackling such a huge project!

The gas addition to your mig will make things even better for you. I added the gas to my little lincoln wire feed about 2 years ago...man what a difference.

Your work is looking great, and hats off to you on tackling such a huge project!

I second that, it'll make a beginner look intermediate.

Alan

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I don't know how great it will turn out but it will be 100% better than the rusty bucket it was.

If I hadn't showed up at the right time this car would have been scrap in a few years...

Back