My Unicorn, eh?

Verified the engine spun over, nice and easy. Checked some of the lights, blinkers work, but the front left was out. Only had high beams when the lights are on. Radio makes a crackle when turned on. Wipers work. Glove box light worked, C pillar lights don't. Outer taillights didn't do anything, but I didn't see if they were plugged into the sockets, I can't recall if they were. More inspection tomorrow.

Haven't done much to the car, but finally got off my *** to try and get the engine to fire.

First thing, check the fuel pump, and the push rod length.

I'm happy to report the pump still has vacuum! And the push rod is spot on in length, 3 7/32", so that's good to know.

PXL_20210820_043909095.jpg

Fuel lines are next.

Last edited:
Checked the number of the intake and exhaust manifolds, and they are correct for the car. More things that are good to know.

Baby steps. While I was waiting for the temp to hit freezing, I went and got the car registered in my name.

PXL_20220307_195641146.jpg

It's mine, now! I also ordered a vanity plate for the front.

Two years since I acquired the car, and fourteen months since I got the car. Also a year since I got the parts car from Seattle. Thanks for both go out to @boostedvan for helping me realize my C body car dream. Thanks buddy!

I just discovered this.
Congrats on finding a 4-speed car, and that it's your favorite year/model too.

Like said then, I'm very happy for you on getting such a rare car. You are now in the exclusive 4-speed club on FCBO.
@sixpkrt
Does this 'club' have a list of members? If so, I wanna join (I already have the car, now just need the brethren).

I stopped by the body shop to show my guy some pictures of the car. Told about my extra cars available for parts, and he would rather just swap the four speed parts over to the solid car I got out of Seattle. Well, that kind of defeats the purpose of looking for, and obtaining an original four speed car. I know it will be the more expensive route, but I'm willing to sacrifice the Seattle car to make it happen. I was hoping to see it back on the road, as it fits my Advertisement Car perfectly, but, gotta think for the greater good. How many cars will I really get to at the rate I'm going? I might be able to save both, if my other '66 Monaco 500 is useable for the sheet metal I'll be needing. I'll know in a month or two, I'll have the body guy look at all I have, and form a plan. I just can't bring myself to have a clone of what I already have in front of me, even if it is the easy route.

Last edited:
I hope you can save the original Canadian 4spd car.....
It's only money.
Scott, the Plymouth instrument cluster and the sport fury interior need to be considered in the decision.
My .02
I thought about that after talking to him. Not sure what differences there may be between the two cars. They use the same style seats and trim in the rear, but wasn't positive if they used the same mounting points for the dash. Being the penny pinchers they were, I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler designed them in a similar fashion, or completely different.

I'm going to fix the Canadian car, it's a true factory four speed, and that what I want, a real one.

wasn't positive if they used the same mounting points for the dash. Being the penny pinchers they were, I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler designed them in a similar fashion,
Mounting points should be the same.
Remember that the Windsor plant partially built RHD cars for South Africa and Australia.
Final assembly included a RHD version of the American Dodge dash.

Back