Need Big block advice!

LOL - I'm out.
Hey, what about that Rev n Nator thingy...
biggrin.png

Posted via IOA on Android

Last edited:
Damn I wish I had posted in that section, I have never been called a wanker before.... that I can remember anyway.

Apparently some "filtering" has been done. Aussie_70 was correct about the improvement in the Stealth heads, the quality has improved. There are however no OOTB heads that I would run on any of my engines without doing a service prep on them.

The ports on the Stealth are so much alike that supposedly some porters use the same CNC program on them as the one they use on the RPM heads. All of our porting is by hand so as to the CNC programs I have no first hand knowledge. I can tell you that both the Standard Stealth and the Edelbrock RPM heads will flow 340 cfm after porting as we have taken them both to that level. Performance wise the RPM and the Stealth are a toss-up after service prep.

I seen no evidence that the Stealth was designed around the 906 head as the two bare no similarity, port wise, what-so-ever to my eyes. The Stealth may appear more stock externally like the 906, but that's it. The Stealth is a good stock replacement head, but it is not a race head. Yes I have worked with the Super Stealth and I prefer the regular Stealth. I see no advantage in the Super Stealth's "max wedge" size port. You want a max wedge port, buy a long valve head.

Heyoldguy, in terms of the Stealth head not being a race head, what limits can you go to with it in your experience? I'm running it stock, the only performance engine build I've known of using them had a 400 shot of nitrous that melted them. Kinda curious what they are capable of handling. Everybody's free to chime in, hate or no hate.

Last edited:
Oh well no being called a wanker still. Hey old guy thanks for righting this thread, without bashing any brand. Now if any of you want to buy aftermarket heads you now know someone to get them from prepped and ready to bolt on, again thanks.

Heyoldguy, in terms of the Stealth head not being a race head, what limits can you go to with it in your experience? I'm running it stock, the only performance engine build I've known of using them had a 400 shot of nitrous that melted them. Kinda curious what they are capable of handling. Everybody's free to chime in, hate or no hate.

If you already own an aftermarket big block mopar aluminum head, any of them, they can be made to go 750 HP normally aspirated (Stealth included). If you don't have the heads already and you want that power, it is best to start with something other than the RPM or Stealth. Oh heck, we've even made 730 Hp with the 906 head on 91/93 octane pump gas.

I don't run power adders so I cannot speak about them.

So when I buy the Indy 440-EZ heads, I should march right down to the local machine shop and spend $XXX on correcting all that's supposed to be done? At least I can be comforted by knowing that every head I buy needs the same things done to them. BTW, I have a set of 440Source heads that worked just fine on my stock 75 440. No I wasn't going for big power, just slapped them on and drove. Worked fine til a conn rod broke and slammed a piston into the valves. (The engine had problems waiting to rear their heads due to improper break in, way before I ever got it) I agree the retainers and locks are cheap, but I got some from comp cams for a bigger cam I plan on installing. I didn't see any interference with the push rods, and I thought the exhaust and rocker bolt holes were already helicoiled, but I'd have to look to confirm.

Yes - exactly the same thing. The worst seats I ever personally had came on brandy new Indy SRs. Out of round more than .010". No aftermarket product is safe, not stuff designed Mopar, not for GM, and not for Ford. I learned that with TFS heads for 5.0L Fords in the 90s, Brodix heads for big chevies, etc. A good shop will really make these heads do all they can do, rather than make them run on a shortblock - which is what constitutes "ready to run" on the open market.

So moper, we generally see eye-to-eye but we diverge here. Are you sure the Victors became the Super Stealths? I have them side-by-side on the shelf and they are nothing alike. Maybe you were thinking of the ProComp big block MOPAR head which appears to be a Victor copy.

It's possible. You're volume, I'm not. My comments regarding theft of intellectual property refer to the port shapes rather than external features. That jives with your comment about the same CNC programs being used which is a fact with these two heads for a couple companies. It's the port designs that have the R&D. I can also tell you if you aren't aquainted with it at all - anything can be copied for a very reasonable initial cost overseas - it's not a "China" problem. I've personally been solicited by firms that do that through my "full time job" and have a family friend who's made his millions off it.

Last edited:
OMG I can't believe the magazines lied, but why? J.K. thanks to all of you for the info.

BTW Stan I hope you typed that with a Aussie accent.

Last edited:
Back