New from Pacific Northwest Washington

jg09

Reaction score
About a year and a half ago, I bought a travel trailer from a guy just down the road from my place. It was a 1972 Prowler 16 ft. with a clean title and minor roof and floor water damage in the very back. He wanted $500 for it, I talked him down to $300, and pulled it home with a buddy's truck and parked it next to my garage. The only problem was that I had no real use for a trailer and no rig to pull it with. It was one of those deals that was just too good to pass up. So there it sat...

trailer_zps554a953a.jpg

Until recently, that is. I finally came to grips with the fact that I had no time to put toward it and would still need to buy a tow rig after I dumped funding into renovating it. So up on Craigslist it went. I wasn't in a huge hurry to sell it and said in the ad that I was really interested in trades, that was it. I had tons of people ask how much I'd sell it for and they all got the same response: make a cash offer and leave your name and number, I'll call you if I decide to sell it for cash. And I got the same response from all of them: no response whatsoever. Finally, someone e-mailed me and asked if I'd be interested in trading it for a 1978 Chrysler New Yorker. They sent me pictures of the car, I sent pictures of the trailer, and today, the deal was made (excuse the crummy pic).

newyorker_zpsbe3b513b.jpg

It needed a new alternator and a negative battery terminal, both of which got replaced today. My buddy and I tinkered on it and got power to the power windows (2 work, 2 have issues that need to be worked out), the power seats randomly started working, and the radio randomly started working (it's a mid 90's 1.5 din factory Chrysler AM/FM/Cassette). It needs a good cleaning inside and out and some more tinkering, but everything is coming along nicely so far. It's nice to have a project car that's separate from my daily driver again. It reminds me of how much I like working on cars when it isn't to get to work the next morning!

About a year and a half ago, I bought a travel trailer from a guy just down the road from my place. It was a 1972 Prowler 16 ft. with a clean title and minor roof and floor water damage in the very back. He wanted $500 for it, I talked him down to $300, and pulled it home with a buddy's truck and parked it next to my garage. The only problem was that I had no real use for a trailer and no rig to pull it with. It was one of those deals that was just too good to pass up. So there it sat...

newyorker_zpsbe3b513b.jpg

It's nice to have a project car that's separate from my daily driver again. It reminds me of how much I like working on cars when it isn't to get to work the next morning!
Hell, that's the best time to have to work on your car, motivation,lol! Nice catch by the way. Ya did good.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That was an even trade?? I'd say you did well.

haha, thanks for the welcome, guys. It was a straight trade! It needs a little bit of work, but for it's age, it's in incredible condition.

Welcome! The power accessories "randomly" starting to work is very likely due to it sitting and the contacts being dirty. Moving the switches again brightens up the contacts in the switch and the accessory (seat, window...whatever) magically begins working again. I've seen that a lot over the years..

Back