New Owner of a 71 New Yorker sunroof car

minuette

Reaction score
Hello
First of all I'm not really good at introductions But I recently got the chance to purchase a 1971 New Yorker with the power sunroof option from a form member (71sunroofcoupe) sorry about the poor quality photo so it seems like they got ruined when I uploaded them
The car in question is evening blue metallic (gb7) with white vinyl interior black carpet and a white vinyl roof image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a great find! It looks to be a bit weathered on the outside, but I am not seeing rust (although the photos are distant, so I am not sure) but despite the weathering of the paint, the interior looks very nice and possibly a low mileage car too. Where area did it come from?

I have one of those with sunroof too, except mine is bright yellow (FY1 - Lemon Twist) with the same white interior. I think blue fits the New Yorker image better. Does your sunroof still work? Let me know if you need any help with parts for those and I can get you in touch with an older guy who has some replacement parts. Let me know if you need help with getting the Autotemp working too.

Thanks for sharing. That is a neat car.

Steve

as far as Rust goes It needs lower quarters. the trunk floor solid as is the floor pan

Tell us a little about yourself. It is rare to see someone 21 years old liking one of the Best C bodies ever in my opinion. Do you do your own work on your car(s) and whatever else you would like to share.

I do most of the work myself on my cars except for transmission and exhaust
Along with this New Yorker my other cars are a 1966 Imperial with 25,650 miles on it and a 1970 Continental Mark III
And the reason I like The older cars is cars today lack a sense of soul or personality but just turnkey cars you get up i or personality but just turnkey cars but with the older cars you have to know how to work them just right not anybody can just jump in and drive one because you actually have to know how to drive they all have their quirks
And for me
I got into the older cars ( first car was a 64 Riviera ) when I came back from Paris. my parents ended up selling it when I went to a military school over in Hamilton Ontario. once I came back from the military school I had two options one was to buy another car or drive around in a smart for two ( which my parents bought for my sister so after two months of searching I came across a 1966 imperial crown four-door. so I did the only logical thing and bought what my dad ended up calling the Titanic. Which serve me well until a disgruntled ex girlfriend put it into a tree Long story short after that I ended up buying a Lincoln Mark III as my daily driver ( in the summer ) and another 66 Imperial to fix up (I pulled that out of the field where it sat for 40+years) And through imperials is how I met 71sunroofcoupe and ended up being able to buy this gorgeous 71 New Yorker.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! What a beautiful color combo and one of the best fuselage front end treatments IMO.

Back