New Wagon guy from Canada

Canada

Reaction score
What's up FCBO members!

Been lurking for a while and decided to post up and introduce myself. Got myself a beautiful original wagon.

Its a '68 Polara, 6 Passenger, 318/904 car. Its got the original silver paint, and black vinyl interior. Car was owned from 1970-2011 by the 2nd owner who passed away and his widow sold the car to a guy that brought it from BC. It;s got some interesting "features" that the PO installed as he was a travelling salesman...

Its in decent original shape, but needs a little work... I don't know a ton about these cars yet, so I'm going to be reading a lot around here.

Looking forward to being a part of the community. If anyone has / knows where I could find a black vinyl 3rd row seat to match with all the parts required to install, I'd be grateful as well.

-Canada

polara4.jpg

polara5.jpg

polara3.jpg

polara2.jpg

Wow, very nice score you have there! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Someone paid extra for that hand rubbed silver paint and I like it!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The wagon will be coming home into a nice warm garage for the winter. The paint is definitely original and in need of some love, but everything seems to be all original on it. It has a vintage original Air Con system tucked up under the dash, but other than that, not a lot of options.

Need to get a set of tires for it, and tidy up under the hood, but I look forward to cruising this summer with it.

Welcome!!
I seen the wagon for sale on Kijiji.
Very nice car and had to pass on it.
The Right car that popped up at wrong time right after Christmas.

Based on the ad posted by the seller,the car had a color change 40 years ago and was painted silver at the time . .
To confirm the correct color the fender tag will tell you the paint code.
The tag is screwed onto the top of the left inner fender
An original silver car will have the AA1 paint code.
Typically,the silver metallic was an extra cost paint option.

Thx cbarge, I already confirmed off the fender tag that the car is an original AA1 car, The current owner is very mechanically inclined, so I think he mistook some small chips where you can see through to the primer as it being painted once. I pulled up some trim, carpet and looked various places that generally wouldn't be touched during a respray and they are all the original AA1 silver paint.

Very nice!!
She's a Canadian only built car with the Fury interior and OPTIONAL 318/904.
You will have to search for the Fury seat pattern to match the front seats.
The frames and guts all interchange from 65 to 68 C wagons.

Yes,according to my 1968 Chryco Canada Parts Catalogue,the 2 seater Polara 500 wagon came base with the 225 slanty!!

There should be a MADE IN CANADA tag in the right front door jam/cowl area.
DM458FR..DODGE MEDIUM LINE (500) 45 2 seat WAGON F 318 AND
The seventh digit in the VIN will read R for made in Windsor,Canada
American Polara's came with 383's and their own interior trim.

I own a wagon myself (73 SATELLITE) and actually enjoy the extra space where the third seat would have been.I hide my trolley jack,toolss and fluid in there out of sight when showing it.

Thanks for all the info cbarge! Yes, the VIN shows exactly what you said. Glad to know she's a Canadian beast!

I found a guy in the MoparCollectorsGuide that's parting some Fury wagons, I'm gonna send him an email and see what he has. Although, I could probably fit a half dozen dead bodies underneath the back otherwise ;)

Thanks for all the info cbarge! Yes, the VIN shows exactly what you said. Glad to know she's a Canadian beast!

I found a guy in the MoparCollectorsGuide that's parting some Fury wagons, I'm gonna send him an email and see what he has. Although, I could probably fit a half dozen dead bodies underneath the back otherwise ;)
It has to be a 68 model.
Mopar were known to change interior patterns each year during that time.
Also check out Nigel and team in Beaverton,Ontario.
National Moparts have parted out numerous C's in the past and still has a fair size inventory.
http://www.nationalmoparts.com/
BTW,the hardest part to get for the C wagons are the gas tanks and sending units.If yours is OK,treat it with care.
Hope this helps.

would like to get the email address for the guy with the fury parts. i could use some interior parts for my 66 fury 111. thanks canada.

Back