Nice Doggie!

A member of the U.S. Navy Seals descends from the scoreboard with his dog prior to Arizona Dallas Game today...

1545892_10152600180941263_2318988881343305879_n.jpg
the dog.looks.like he's say how the f did I.get here.

This is two year old Rolene. . She is a Black-mouth Cur, and a tornado rescue dog. If you remember Old Yeller, the dog in the movie was also a Black-mouth Cur. She is an amazing dog! She will howl when I, or any of the family, walk in the door. She is a great coon dog, and like to chase other varmints, too. She's great with our three cats, and is a very protective watchdog. Rolene came into my life about six weeks after I lost Gigi. I was not expecting another dog so soon after losing Gigi, but Rolene proved to be such an adorable little *****! She loves to ride in the car. She also like to watch Too Cute, that cool puppy show on Animal Planet. Her bobbed tail comes naturally. Curs are related to Corgis and greyhounds!

roro-01.jpg

roro-01.jpg

This is two year old Rolene. . She is a Black-mouth Cur, and a tornado rescue dog. If you remember Old Yeller, the dog in the movie was also a Black-mouth Cur. She is an amazing dog! She will howl when I, or any of the family, walk in the door. She is a great coon dog, and like to chase other varmints, too. She's great with our three cats, and is a very protective watchdog. Rolene came into my life about six weeks after I lost Gigi. I was not expecting another dog so soon after losing Gigi, but Rolene proved to be such an adorable little *****! She loves to ride in the car. She also like to watch Too Cute, that cool puppy show on Animal Planet. Her bobbed tail comes naturally. Curs are related to Corgis and greyhounds!

Nice doggie!

She's Really cute, Patrick!

Thanks! Before I got Rolene, I had sooo much stress going on from losing Gigi and my son's Boxer puppy in a 24-hour period; then having to put down my niece's 15-year-old German Shepard a week later because she finally got to the point where she could not walk anymore, that I was positive I would not get another dog for at least six months. But, I visited a pet store that was hosting a couple of rescue dog groups. That's when I met Rolene. She came right to me and put her head on my leg, with that same look in the second picture above. I gotta tell ya, I started crying like a little kid when she did that! Here was my new dog - one of those cases of "who really found who?"!!! After a couple of weeks, I made arrangements for my wife and my Chihuahua DeeDee to meet Rolene before making the final decision to adopt her. When all three met, it took maybe five seconds to decide! Rolene was ours!

She's been with us since the first week of June of this year. Rolene has so many traits of my dear, departed Gigi, even though she's five times the size and weight. It was the matter of the right place and right time of how I got Ro-Ro. I can't imagine my life right now without her.

Thanks! Before I got Rolene, I had sooo much stress going on from losing Gigi and my son's Boxer puppy in a 24-hour period; then having to put down my niece's 15-year-old German Shepard a week later because she finally got to the point where she could not walk anymore, that I was positive I would not get another dog for at least six months. But, I visited a pet store that was hosting a couple of rescue dog groups. That's when I met Rolene. She came right to me and put her head on my leg, with that same look in the second picture above. I gotta tell ya, I started crying like a little kid when she did that! Here was my new dog - one of those cases of "who really found who?"!!! After a couple of weeks, I made arrangements for my wife and my Chihuahua DeeDee to meet Rolene before making the final decision to adopt her. When all three met, it took maybe five seconds to decide! Rolene was ours!

She's been with us since the first week of June of this year. Rolene has so many traits of my dear, departed Gigi, even though she's five times the size and weight. It was the matter of the right place and right time of how I got Ro-Ro. I can't imagine my life right now without her.

I'm happy for you!!!

Patrick, that was a win-win situation for everyone. Rolene found a loving home, and you found a new family member who loves you.

Happy for you too!

Make it 7. Yesterday she got two more (of course she doesn't eat mice, just makes sure they will not disturb us again).

I think we should rename her Terminator...

11 now. She's on the roll! LOL! And yes, we do have a REAL problem here, since we use traps also... Gotta find out where those mice come in before they eat our house on the ground!

Mice can squeeze themselves through some unbelievably small spaces.

I know... It's even worse than looking for a needle from a haystack.

I guess it's bye bye house then... :(

Waite!

If one little dog can kill 11 mice in a couple of weeks, how many could 2 or 3 evil bitches take out? ;)

A cat (just one) would be much more helpful, but since I'm allergic to them...

We do have an outdoor cat though, came with the house (we are actually her 3rd owners, or who ever owns who). She has her own warm nest in the warehouse. She is old and sweet and hardly hunts anymore. I guess we have to take another outdoor cat with good hunting skills when she is gone.

We call her Gollum, because she coughs just like he did in LOTR.

I've got three outdoor cats that take care of the mouse/snake/bird problems pretty well. I can't have them inside, either, for the same reasons as you. The cats reside under my well house in the Winter, because it's so warm under there from the heat lamps for the pipes. Nine months out of the year, they live in a couple of pet carriers I have on the porch. They have blankets in them. The doors are removed. They like them.

Back