Opinions on Holley Avenger 770cfm?

12.80 @103 quite impressive!

What gear ratio and weight of the NY'er?

Thanks,

That was last year. Couple months ago it went 12.35@109 mph

Weighs 4767 lbs with me in it

3.23 gears with detroit locker.

I just swapped out my Quick Fuel HR 735 VS for a Street Avenger 570 VS today as a matter of fact. I always felt that he 735 was just a bit too big and I should’ve gone with my gut feeling and went smaller to begin with.

The 570 seems great so far. I went from 11 in of vac to 16. Idles much better and overall seems happier. I need to adjust the pump shot some but it’s almost dialed in an evening.

Shameless plug, I’ll have a relatively brand new quick fuel for sale soon......

I just swapped out my Quick Fuel HR 735 VS for a Street Avenger 570 VS today as a matter of fact. I always felt that he 735 was just a bit too big and I should’ve gone with my gut feeling and went smaller to begin with.
The 570 seems great so far. I went from 11 in of vac to 16. Idles much better and overall seems happier. I need to adjust the pump shot some but it’s almost dialed in an evening.

The QF, Demon, and Avenger series carbs are flowed wet. So the cfm rating includes fuel.
The older carbs: Edelbrocks(all), Carters(all), and Holley 4150/4160 are all dry flow rated. So the ratings for them do not include fuel.
What that means is a 750cfm 3310, when wet flowed will be around 675cfm depending on the jetting. So a 770CFM wet flowed carb is equal to an 850cfm 4150, or 850cfm Thermoquad without the smaller primaries and secondary air door.
A 670 is a good choice, the 570 is closer to the cfm of a factory carter AFB...

Now that I’ve adjusted the pump shot (up to a 35 from a 31) my car seems to love the 570. It feels so much more responsive.

Back