Option codes

dsword93

Reaction score
How does one go about decoding the options on the fender tag there isn’t anything I can find on 1975 and up

Have you looked for a Build Sheet under the rear seat cushion? As I recall, those model years should be "color" sheets and also have all of the option codes on the backside of them, plus the items pertinent to your particular car on the front side.

Additionally, you can usually find the Order Guides and such at www.hamtramck-historical.com in the Library section. Click on model years, then follow the prompts to your vehicle. Mightr have to input the address manually.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

As I recall, those model years should be "color" sheets and also have all of the option codes on the backside of them, plus the items pertinent to your particular car on the front side.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The format of the broadcast sheet changed considerably between 1976 and 1977. Up to and including 1976, the slots for the sales codes mostly carried a label indicating the general or specific meaning for the code supposed to go into that slot.

From 1977 on, there were no such labels, just rows of codes ordered by the letter code in the first position.

I think that's where the complete list of possible codes plus meanings on the back side of the broadcast sheet kicked in. Without that list, the listing on the front side of the broadcast sheet was virtually meaningless.

True, I've never seen the back side of a broadcast sheet earlier than 1977. It could well be that nobody ever bothered posting the back side of such a sheet simply because there is nothing there worth posting.

Last edited:
The build sheet for my '70 Monaco Brougham starts out, at the top, with the option codes in alphabetical order. With the first letter as a part of the universal sheet, then the numbers of the option code are typed-in after the letter. That's about the top 35% or so.

Below that is where the various items are listed and the numbers for those items are listed.

Then "Special Instructions" are near the bottom. Backside is blank.

The sheets with the brighter colors have the codes on the backside. Only thing about a universal list is that one code for a B-body might mean something different on a C-body or otherwise.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

1970 Chrysler New Yorker:

70-103898-CH41T0C103898-broadcastsheet.jpeg

1976 Chrysler Newport:
76-176402-CL41N6D176402-broadcast.jpg

1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham:

77-163789-CS43T7C163789-broadcastsheet-a.jpg

77-163789-CS43T7C163789-broadcastsheet-b.jpg

The 1976 sheet does have bright colors, but it also has labeled slots for the sales codes, just like the 1970 sheet. The 1977 sheet does not have labeled slots.

An example:

On the 1970 sheet sales code B41 goes in a slot labeled "H/Duty or Disk" (line 6).

On the 1976 sheet same code B41 goes in a slot labeled "Ft And Rr Breaks" (line 8).

On the 1977 sheet code B41 goes in a nameless slot (line B) and the back reads that out as "B41 Pwr Disc Frt/Drm Rr".

Back