Oregon Road Trip

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I’m going to be taking a road trip to visit my brother and his family in Astoria Oregon over the Forth of July weekend, I will be taking the Polara. One way it is 1000 miles and this will be the first trip for the car like this since getting the car. I few weeks ago I took the car on a trip to San Jose that was only 250 miles and it performed perfect.

The last time I did this trip in an old car it was my Barracuda, that trip I went up the coast and returned through Bend and Klamath Falls. My plan is right up the middle on this one.

Alan

Sounds like a good trip. Reminds me of when I took my '65 b-cuda 273/4spd from Seattle to LA one summer (with a jaunt to Tijuana) in the early 80s. Good times.

That sounds like a great trip up the California coast.......
Theres not much better then a long road trip in a nice old car. :eek:ld_school:

Are you going by yourself or will someone be riding with you....?

Once Ellie retires we want to hook a camper to the 300 and head west to the coast and then north.

That sounds like a great trip up the California coast.......
Theres not much better then a long road trip in a nice old car. :eek:ld_school:

This trip will be the more direct inland route, the 101 to San Jose then cut over to the 5 to Portland then the 26 back out to the coast. In 2009 I took the coast from San Francisco north through Oregon (I have done the southern part dozens of times).
This is a picture from the 2009 trip in my Barracuda.
2009-08-20_12.jpg

More on that trip... http://www.mrmopar.com/oregon/

Are you going by yourself or will someone be riding with you....?

Once Ellie retires we want to hook a camper to the 300 and head west to the coast and then north.

I'll be runnin solo, I tried to get my niece to go and visit her cousins but even getting to drive she didn't want to go. She loves old cars just not road trips.

Alan

What is wrong with kids today no road trip that's the fun of going somewhere, sorry Alan I don't know your niece but my son is the same way, uggghh all that scenery and a old car too, good luck have fun.

What is wrong with kids today no road trip that's the fun of going somewhere, sorry Alan I don't know your niece but my son is the same way, uggghh all that scenery and a old car too, good luck have fun.
I'll tell you in a word what's wrong. Smartphones...
They could care less about seeing a majestic snow capped mountain peak. They can Google a pic. And they won't even do that. But they all know what Jersey. Shore looks like...

Posted via Topify on Android

Yeah your right but your phone only provides sight for the rest you need to be there, also too much over stimulation, don't get me wrong I love a BB open headered car in the water box or my truck barking down a grade, I just think kids don't enjoy peace and quiet of course I probably didn't either when twenty something.

It keeps them away from their video games too long....... To much reality.

UPDATE:

Trip is still on but the Polara is not going. I invited my mother and we are taking her car.
The trip was about seeing my brother and my Mother hasn't seen his new place there.
Although I was looking forward to a road trip in the Polara I'd rather spend the time with family.
At 74 I'm not sure my mother would do well on a long trip in the Polara.

Till next time.

Alan

Back