Pabst Brewery and Mansion

That seems to be a really expensive undertaking for what appears to be a lot of risk. But lifestyles are changing, even here out West. Is the location in an area where people would feel safe? It seems that would be the most important determinant of the likely success of that venture. Is Milwaukee growing a lot these days, i.e. some revival going on it seems?

The actual city limits are the same in Milwaukee.

It is all revival or repurposing all the great architecture and buildings in the city. A lot of what I posted was revival in terrible neighborhoods that are fine and very upscale now. The one thing that the city was very understanding about was to make sure that they made mix use of residential buildings. Some condo's are like $3k a month or more and they will have a few available for 30% of fixed income families. Mostly retirees on Social Security. The city is trying to renovate or repurpose some of the grand buildings in the ghetto now. Hoping to turn the blight and riff raff away.

Screenshot_20190423-163447_Facebook.jpg

This is what happens when hippies get ahold of a building on Lisbon Ave.....

FB_IMG_1556700236696.jpg

This is what happens when hippies get ahold of a building on Lisbon Ave.....

View attachment 282477

It certainly could use some restoration rather than the cheezy paint job and poor electrical line routing, etc. But I am glad it is still standing. Hopefully someone will realize the potential of that building and do it right.

Another old view of Milwaukee City Hall. Building was built in 1895. It also has the largest 4 face clock in the world.

FB_IMG_1557051918092.jpg

Pfister and Vogel Tannery which use to stink so bad when I was a kid that you would breathe through your mouth not to smell that nasty tannery smell has now been converted and repurposed into luxury condo's. BTW, on the back side of the building was the Milwaukee River and they use to dump their waste water directly into the river.

FB_IMG_1556587805771.jpg

Some of my friends mothers and grandmothers worked there at the tannery for their entire career's.

Some of my friends mothers and grandmothers worked there at the tannery for their entire career's.

How could they stand all those fumes for so long in their lives? They must have been very stout individuals! Maybe a few stout beers in their lives helped?!!

Back