Pabst Brewery and Mansion

There is a special room in hell for people who paint nice stone/brickwork... right next to the one for those who paint over nice woodwork.:BangHead:

Given the boarding up of the building surrounding it, something to perk up interest in the structure is better than nothing even though I would usually agree with your sentiment.

Excellent example of Milwaukee "Cream City" brick color from 1880 and what it looks like today exposed to the elements for 140 years. A wooden frame was removed exposing the original bricks. Milwaukee "Cream City" brick has that color because of the clay content when the bricks were made. Many, many buildings within hundreds of miles of Milwaukee were constructed from the 1880's with those bricks.

FB_IMG_1567622657337.jpg

We made it!

IMG_20190907_150903.jpg

IMG_20190907_144518.jpg

IMG_20190907_151050.jpg

We had some grub at a nearby watering hole, and we all enjoyed a fine, Pabst beer, and @71Polara383 found his newest favorite sandwich.

IMG_20190907_153253.jpg

We didn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do in Milwaukee, but it was an enjoyable time stopping at the couple places we did.

We made it!

View attachment 315864

View attachment 315865

View attachment 315867

We had some grub at a nearby watering hole, and we all enjoyed a fine, Pabst beer, and @71Polara383 found his newest favorite sandwich.

View attachment 315866

We didn't even begin to scratch the surface of what you can do in Milwaukee, but it was an enjoyable time stopping at the couple places we did.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

If you go next year....maybe I can plan on being the tour guide extraordinaire.

If you go next year....maybe I can plan on being the tour guide extraordinaire.
Bob, that sounds like an excellent idea. Having a guided tour driving through the older neighborhoods in Milwaukee and seeing some of your old stomping grounds would be cool.

Bob, that sounds like an excellent idea. Having a guided tour driving through the older neighborhoods in Milwaukee and seeing some of your old stomping grounds would be cool.

Sure would.

I would be happy to spend a few days showing all the great places in the Milwaukee metro area.

Even a lock and load ghetto night tour on the North side. Lol

Sure would.

I would be happy to spend a few days showing all the great places in the Milwaukee metro area.

Even a lock and load ghetto night tour on the North side. Lol
That's what it would take, days! It would be an awesome experience, though. I'm going to need help from the lottery to go on all the adventures I'd like to next year!

I'm just glad we got to touch the tip of Milwaukee culture. A proper tour would be a dedicated trip, all by itself. I'd be happy to include it in any trip to Illinois, since it's right there to the North. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad we got to touch the tip of Milwaukee culture. A proper tour would be a dedicated trip, all by itself. I'd be happy to include it in any trip to Illinois, since it's right there to the North. :rolleyes:

We will have to plan something big over several days.

Milwaukee also has the Harley Davidson Museum,
Milwaukee County Zoo, Pabst Mansion tour, a world class museum, Miller Park, a driving tour for at least 10 miles driving past Victorian era mansions. The East Side and Brady Street. The Water Street area. And a ton of other stuff including a tour of Miller Brewery and other breweries.

Plus.....I'll take you guys to the real German places to eat like kings!!!!

In addition, we will stop at Usingers, Klements in Milwaukee, and Meisfeld in Sheyboygan so you guys can get the good stuff to take home.

Back