pulsating 383 engine

my apologies... the new dumbass (me) failed to notice more than the first page or age of this thread. Please for safety if anyone does this remember propane collects in low areas and less is more.

i think it would be hard to collect in low areas with a mechanical fan constantly moving air all about the engine...

my lighter in my car doesn't work, it's on my list of things to fix not high on the priority list

it's a good thing it's not a power draining smart phone just a 60 dollar flip phone

Is propane really all that safe ?

[video]https://youtu.be/d_wJtmQH6w4[/video]This happened last Sunday a mile from where I live. The cause of the explosion turned out to be from the homeowner using propane to heat his house.

this is at curb idle at fast idle the vacuum is steady at 20inches.

click me

my next test will involve me driving it @ cruising speed with the with the gauge and some body else recording the gauge...

drove it at cruising speeds the needle is rock solid! at curb idle in gear the needle reads 15 inches of mercury.

those are good numbers. if the compression checks out, it is good internally.

compression readings are. fsm states around 125-155
1) 100
2) 100
3) 115
4) 105
5) 70
6) 105
7) 115
8) 100

plug for #7 is nice and oily rest of the plugs fuel is on the rich side and the threads are coated in oil...

hqdefault.jpg

Hey, look at it as an opportunity to show it some love..

..and that new cam you're wanting.

it aint getting a new cam, i'll just start a new thread about "i want to keep my cam stock, am i normal?" than go on a wild tangent

i'm still going to find out wtf is with this pulsating engine and to get it fixed before i rebuild the engine in the some time in the future

Back