Reassembling jazebelle.

More baby steps......

The fun continues. the exterior is about complete now, just a few more pieces of trim to install.
WOM, rocker panel moldings are in place, fender and door trim installed and the "THREE HUNDRED" letters installed.

I'm still struggling with one, (left rear side) power window that won't operate as well as a sluggush passenger door window. Got to get past that before I can install the interior.

I drove her about 30 miles yesterday. It was the first time I had driven her over a mile since buying her, and the furthest she had been driven in over 15 years. Ran like a dream, drives great, everything works. Thanksgiving in Daytona is looking pretty good right now
.:yaayy:

three hundred letters (Large).jpg

three hundred fasteners (Large).jpg

300 left ft (Large).jpg

300 dash console (Large).jpg

finished engine (Large).jpg

The recent article in Collectible Automobile mentioned how then-Chrysler President Lynn Townsend was critical of those "THREE HUNDRED" letters on the quarter panels because of the labor involved on the line to install them. I now understand why!

The fun continues. the exterior is about complete now, just a few more pieces of trim to install.
WOM, rocker panel moldings are in place, fender and door trim installed and the "THREE HUNDRED" letters installed.

I'm still struggling with one, (left rear side) power window that won't operate as well as a sluggush passenger door window. Got to get past that before I can install the interior.

I drove her about 30 miles yesterday. It was the first time I had driven her over a mile since buying her, and the furthest she had been driven in over 15 years. Ran like a dream, drives great, everything works. Thanksgiving in Daytona is looking pretty good right now
.:yaayy:

Will............ All I can say is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray::icon_pray:

Hmm, theres becoming a larger number of people on this board that suck, Will is one of them...

. . .
. Nice Will, very nice.
I see you photoed the side that had the trim rings....rub it in.

It should be really bad if you don't have a quarter panel installed that already has the holes for the three hundred lettering. Great job. Don't forget to turn your dashboard clock an hour back for winter time. :)

Last edited:
Don't forget to turn your dashboard clock an hour back for winter time.):[/QUOTE]

I tried to locate a clock when I had the dash out and apart... no luck. But when driving a car like this.... Time dosen't matter anyways.

My wife's Mazda... I have to break out the Gee Dee manual every time she asks me to reset that $%#@-ing digital clock...

Don't forget to turn your dashboard clock an hour back for winter time.):

I tried to locate a clock when I had the dash out and apart... no luck. But when driving a car like this.... Time dosen't matter anyways.

[/QUOTE]

I KNOW that feeling, exactly!

Easy as heck on my truck and NY'er. Gum mint Ford trucks....I need the manual and an engineer! LOL!!!!!!!!

They didn't even put one in my 300 Hurst. Genuine leather, AC and a Cadillac sticker, but no hands or clockwork.

Is that your car? I knew you were talking about eliminating dual clocks and fabricating an oil pressure gage.

Yes. Years ago I saw a NOS clock delete plate and I grabbed it. Didn't know if I ever would use it but I knew I had to have it as you'll never see another one. I'm like that. As it turned out, I put in when I installed the radio with the digital time display.
As we speak, I have the old "chronometer" on the bench now and examining it to see how to make it into a factory looking oil pressure gauge.

Your welcome, look them over if you don't want them send them back. I think they are in real nice shape, the postage amount is on the postal label on the box.
The trim rings arrived today Dave........ THEY LOOK GREAT....! Jazebelle approves. :sSig_thanks:
I appreciate your help and will get payment to you right away, check ok or would you perfer a postal M/O.?

Will.

Your welcome, look them over if you don't want them send them back. I think they are in real nice shape, the postage amount is on the postal label on the box.
The trim rings arrived today Dave........ THEY LOOK GREAT....! Jazebelle approves. :sSig_thanks:
I appreciate your help and will get payment to you right away, check ok or would you perfer a postal M/O.?

Will.

Thats great! I am truly glad you are satisfied., I was a little concerned they wouldn't be good enough. Check is fine, whenever you can ..........:banana:

Back