Stopped by this place today

Ok......just got back. There was not anyone there so I put a note in the door jamb, hopefully it doesn't rain before someone shows up. Anyway, someone has been there within the past 2-3 days to cut the grass and they cut it themselves so it was prob my guy. Took a bit of a better look and snapped more pics but of course, could not go into the long building. I was able to find a hole in the smaller building wall and stuck the camera through and took a pic of the front of what appears to be a 57 or 58 Chrysler. The fender tag is from a 69 300 ragtop that was in decent shape when it first appeared, then the drivetrain disappeared and top tore so what you see now is a mess. Too bad, color combo was really nice and it is a console car but its a parts car now. You will also see a 62 and 63 Imperial ragtop in these pics.
DSCN4417.JPG
DSCN4418.JPG
DSCN4419.JPG
DSCN4420.JPG
DSCN4421.JPG
DSCN4423.JPG

more pics. There is also a handful of first gen challengers although they are pretty much gutted. Also numerous 60's Lincolns, the body style Kennedy was in when he got shot. If he does call me I do not know how I am gonna get good pics of what is inside the building as my camera does not have that great of a flash and no lights exist exc maybe right up front.
DSCN4424.JPG
DSCN4425.JPG
DSCN4426.JPG
DSCN4427.JPG
DSCN4430.JPG
DSCN4432.JPG
DSCN4435.JPG
DSCN4436.JPG
DSCN4437.JPG

There won't be any more unless he calls me and lets me take pics of stuff in the building. There is more stuff also further down the path shown in the last pics, prob another 20+ cars as you can see if the satellite view but I did not want to disregard the no trespassing sign too much! He also has several 79-81 Imperials, I saw 3 of them. I'm sure you all know the chances of a call back are slim.

I am praying for one.........not that I'd be a buyer of any of it but I need my zest back.

Dude has got some stuff!!

Yeah Mark, but whatz hiding under roof? Figure what county and go to the county seat and pull the tax recordz on the address or N+S and E+W quadrants or Arial photoz and figure closest cross roadz and go knock on the door of the guy paying the taxes, WIN WIN, SLOOTH Jer Here, lol

Yeah Mark, but whatz hiding under roof? Figure what county and go to the county seat and pull the tax recordz on the address or N+S and E+W quadrants or Arial photoz and figure closest cross roadz and go knock on the door of the guy paying the taxes, WIN WIN, SLOOTH Jer Here, lol

Already been on it Jer.....found who is paying the taxes but they live 90 minutes away. The guy who is the caretaker lives nearby there somewhere but I have no idea where or what his name is.

I find it amazing that with no one watching the property that the place hasn't been vandalized or destroyed.

Hopefully you hear from them. Sad to think that another decade could go by after which most of what is there won't be salvageable. Thanks again for sharing.

HE CALLED and left his phone #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to call him back this afternoon, will let you guys know if the news is good.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get decent pics if I can go into the building? It's pitch black in there.

I find it amazing that with no one watching the property that the place hasn't been vandalized or destroyed.
well it is in a place where you get caught doing that stuff and you have a 12 gauge on the back of your neck.

HE CALLED and left his phone #!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to call him back this afternoon, will let you guys know if the news is good.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get decent pics if I can go into the building? It's pitch black in there.
Use your flash.:poke:

It's an $89 camera that is 5 years old Matt...how good do you think the flash is? I do appreciate the advice, I know for a fact you can take good pictures. :)

Just got off the phone with him.....it is the same guy I met before and he is pretty friendly. BTW, that 55 Desoto I posted the pic of is asking $3500. The 62 Imp ragtop (maroon one) is $1500.

He said the building is still full of cars but they are mostly the pricey ones.....for instance, he has a 300C ragtop in there but it is around 20K and as I said, needs a lot of stuff. He did not promise to let me tour the whole building but hopefully once i am there I can get in and take some good pics. i'm dying to know what is hidden in the back 2/3 of the place. I do know he doesn't have anything run of the mill so it should be interesting. This guy loves to talk cars so me knowing a bit should help the rapport.

Again, wish me luck getting into the building. Going to call him Thurs and possibly go down Friday.

Back