Stopped by this place today

stunned-gif-1.gif

I'm sure a lot of guys who read this thread will be disappointed but Exner's babies never disappoint.

partiality for what? there are literally only 2, that one you mention and the 69 300 rag and both are parts cars like most of what is outside. There is some stuff way in the back that is literally all grown over with vines so I couldn't even tell you what makes those cars are.

Kind of a sad situation. The old man held on to the cars inside too long, and now most of them are too expensive to restore, or too difficult or both. Very few people will put the time and resources into most of those cars, and parts for them are pretty much no longer available. Gary Goers supplies many of the parts for the forward look cars, but even he is up in age now. When the wife passes, there will likely be a legion of heavy duty equipment that comes in for a few days and scraps all of them in one big clean up. How would one even get some of those cars out of there without cutting a hole in the roof and having a helicopter pull one out - certainly not likely either. Time marches on and the glory days are long gone.................................. But I give the old man credit for selling 2000 of them before he left - that must have been a lot of work!

alright guys.......will post pics in several posts. i took almost 90 pics but it seems a handful aren't opening so not sure what is going on with those. First posts will be those of the cars that are outside. The years I noticed ranged from 1955-1972 or 73. There was only 2 fuseys though so really 55-68 should be the year range. Most of the cars are MOPARS but he does have numerous 60's Lincolns in there as well as he has a soft spot for them. Also, he told me most of these cars were bought from the Baltimore City Police Impound and many of them were @ a price of $51. (yes, fifty-one) He has been doing this for many moons and told me he has shipped over 2000 cars overseas, most going to Sweden. He said something many of us already know, that Europeans are willing to pay for their cars. He has also shipped many parts, to include the 440 from that 69 300 rag I posted at the beginning of the thread. He also said he even bought an orig Hemi Roadrunner for $650 but parted it b/c there was so much more $$ in it at the time. He is a capitalist! Here's a bit of what I saw there:
- abt 5 62-63 imps
- abt 12 64-66 imps, almost all ragtops
- 4 57-59 300s, one of which is a black on red convertible
- a few desotos (sold the 59 desoto rag he had when i was in there last)
- several 58-60 imps
- several 67-68 chrysler rags
- a late 50's fury 2 door which is a floor shift stick
- several 67-68 imps
- parts, parts, parts

The list is too numerous to type all out so I will just post the pics for your enjoyment. If anyone is interested in anything you can pm and I will send his cell #. Also, for those going to Carlisle he will be there in Row N, spaces 100-102. He also has plenty of parts stored in the building as you will see in the pics. Continued.........
Thank for all the effort to share this with us. I will try to make a point to check his space in the swap, but I won't be purchasing from this collection (I think).

Moving 2000 old cars is impressive enough, I probably would have hated the prices if he shipped most of it overseas. I can't help but think about how cool it would be to work out my career playing around with a treasure trove like this... but I realize if it was given to me, land and all, it would be hard to make any profit unless you sold it off as parts.

I want to go there even more now! What's up with the '71 Challenger?

I want to go there even more now! What's up with the '71 Challenger?
It's a plum crazy car, still has the paint on the interior, doors, etc. no idea what was originally in it but IIRC the engine is out of it.

I knew you'd hook up some how Mark. Very Well Done My Friend. An Extra St. Pauli for you, Or Twelve, lol. See Yeah, Jer
Jer,
Adding 1 st pauli and you are up to owing me 3 which is a damn shame as I have to work and cannot down them all at once. The real hookup would have been a garage full of fuseys incl a few 70 Polara rags or a nice 2 dr htp.

Jer,
Adding 1 st pauli and you are up to owing me 3 which is a damn shame as I have to work and cannot down them all at once. The real hookup would have been a garage full of fuseys incl a few 70 Polara rags or a nice 2 dr htp.
That'z why I'll be there Thursday thru' Sunday Morning. We both win win Pal

he does get them out when they sell, it just takes some work. I asked him that and he said he is used to doing it.

yes, me too and prob a million other people. Amazing combo and a six figure car in #2 condition. Prob 20K the way it sits too.

Yeah, I wanted that or something like it in the early 80s when no one gave them a 2nd look.

Back