Strut bar bushings

akiran

Reaction score
I'm little confused. Parts catalog gives two separate numbers for lower control arm's strut bar bushings. Front: 2207282, rear: 2207296.
Moog's kit K7019A has four bushings but it supersedes only p/n 2207296.
Is there some kind of difference between these or what ?

Moog kit #K7019A goes to the front end of the strut bars. You need washers and shells too, which don’t come with that set. Moog used to make a set called K7027, which had those washers and shells, too. You might be able to buy a set from Rate Parts Inc.

Suomeksi: K7019 menee eteen reaktiotangon ja apurungon väliin, mutta setissä on vain kumiosat. Puuttuu puslan hylsyt ja prikat, jotka siis on tuossa toisessa setissä K7027. Rare Parts Kaliforniassa myy Moogin vanhoja varastoja, heiltä löytyy.

The strut rod bushings for my ‘67 Imperial were the same as B-bodies.

I was searching for these strut rod bushings for my 68 300. Front: 2207282, rear: 2207296 when I came to this thread. So I followed the above link, read the post, then went to the Rare Parts site. However, I could not find part # RP15450. Could it be that they quit making it or is it a special order that you have to call them for it?

Also, I could use a new set of strut rods too. Does anyone make them or do I need to look for them used? They are straight but are very worn where the sway bar bushings ride. My mechanic said I could possibly take them to a machine shop where they could build them up with weld and cut it back down to make it round.

I'm little confused. Parts catalog gives two separate numbers for lower control arm's strut bar bushings. Front: 2207282, rear: 2207296.
Moog's kit K7019A has four bushings but it supersedes only p/n 2207296.
Is there some kind of difference between these or what ?

The Moog K7019A comes in a set of 4 bushings - all 4 are identical. My car is a '66 Chrysler TC Wagon and it takes the same bushings as your Monaco. As long as your 4 OEM WASHERS and SLEEVES are in good shape, just get the K7019A from Amazon for $10.79 -

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K7019A-...F8&qid=1538797565&sr=8-1&keywords=moog+k7019a

The RareParts RP15450 came with New Washers & Upgraded Sleeves. The main difference between RareParts vs the OEM sleeves are RareParts sleeves had a collar on them.

JEGS web-site shows they're stocking the RareParts Kit, but call them to see if they still carry them.

Rare Parts RP15450: STRUT ROD BUSHING | JEGS

F38D9ED4-BBD6-47E6-A3B9-1C1A42355EF0.jpeg
Old vs new

Is the sleeve there so that the washer butts up against it and limits how tightly the bushing can be compressed? If that be the case, it would seem that some kind of substitute sleeve could be sourced or perhaps even made from raw stock at a machine shop. Could be costly but if there's no alternative.

Back