Super Six Convertion, Carb rebuild, now 30 second starts

SixtySix_Fury

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did the Super Six convertion(1bbl to 2bbl intake manifold), I rebuilt the Carter BBD 2bbl Carb, but not sure If I set the floats right :S

Slapped the carb on, it will start for about 30 seconds when it does or stutters up then cuts. It will start and run with the choke on, but when I open it up it dies.
I'm unable to get the engine to run long enough to adjust the settings.

It has back fired or when it cuts it starts carb fires :S

Is it possible the floats, Any ideas?

Turns out to be a Choke/ mixture issue.

My dad desided to take a gander as the car is sitting in the middle of the 'U' of his Drive way.... I think he wants it not to be:eusa_whistle:

He had to stop before he went to work, so he'll take another look for me tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's funny, I remember back in the day still under my parents roof my dad wanting there not to be a burnout pit in front of his house.

That's funny, I remember back in the day still under my parents roof my dad wanting there not to be a burnout pit in front of his house.

My Ma had to hide her bleach from me and my brother when we were teenagers...we had a Funny Car Burnout pit in the alley! LOL! We inspired her to get a Mopar too. She bought my brother's car, a 1973 Duster with a 340 which was her first car ever. She also had a Mustang and a Trans Am with a 6.6.

No moonlighting bodywork cars in front of the house when I was still working in a shop, had to park them in another spot when not working on them. :)

lol, thats too funny.

I live in an apartment now with no parking and the cops frown on you pulling your car apart on the street for days. Doesn't stop me from the minor repairs ;)

Never had a burn out pit... grow up in the country, too much gravel :p

LOL, that would be funny but never did that.

Swiched out alternates and starters in the parking lots so I could get the core fee discount ;)

Watch out for the bears! LOL!!!

Feeling_Grizzly-1600x1200.jpg

Back