Terrible 1956 Imperial dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell with it. It's not my dream car. I'm not feeling any love...
For a lover of these Imps, it's a no brainier to buy it at $6k.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

I bet you that you could enjoy it for a year and get all your money back and maybe more.

I'd love to drive it, has it got a Hemi in it?

In 56 it would be a 354 CID Hemi. The best Hemi of them all. They had thicker side skirts then the 392's of 57-58 and are the blocks the racers of the day perfered.

I would love to have that car if Stan passes.... Just car rich and cash poor right now.... Anyone need a nice 65 Coronet 500 convertible.....?

Well, it will never be worth less than $6k...

at least as long as you don't hit a deer frozen in the headlights.:)
If I were anything near the US I'd take this dilemma off your hands plus a bonus. They're right after the 57 design cycle on my list.
The Chrysler Imperials up to 54 had that onubtainable disc brake system, later models should be easier to find parts for.

In 56 it would be a 354 CID Hemi. The best Hemi of them all. They had thicker side skirts then the 392's of 57-58 and are the blocks the racers of the day perfered.

I would love to have that car if Stan passes.... Just car rich and cash poor right now.... Anyone need a nice 65 Coronet 500 convertible.....?

Will, do you have a picture.

65 coronet 500

Will, do you have a picture.

I posted a couple pictures of the 65 Coronet somewhere here a while back, This is the only one I can put my finger on right now, taken at Lake Superior in Michigan about a year and a half ago.

It's a 318 poly with factory air.

right front (Large).jpg

right rear (Large).jpg

michigan 2011 011 (Large).jpg

Nice car and Michigan plates to boot! I like the old blue and white plates, wish they never would have done away with them.

Nice car and Michigan plates to boot! I like the old blue and white plates, wish they never would have done away with them.

I was very dissapointed with the new plates. When I recieved my historic car plates in the mail, there was no difference in the plate other then on the bottom it read "historical".

Those are Alabama plates on the coronet. Almost identical to the old MI plates.

There's only two questions with this car:

1. Does it have a Torqueflite or a Powerflite?

2. Does it have A/C?

If the answer to either question is 'yes', then $6k for this car(assuming there's no rust behind the rocker panel mouldings) is an absolute no brainer.

If the answer to BOTH questions is 'yes', then $6k for this car is a screaming BARGAIN!

Thanks Matt, Actually that tag is an original 1965 Alabama tag. And it is regestered to the car. YOM ok in Bama. The story behind the colors on the 65 tags, (blue & gold), is due to Auburn winning the football championship the year before..... 66 was white letters on red to commerate Alabama winning the next year..... They sure get into their college football down here.

Last edited:
There's only two questions with this car:

1. Does it have a Torqueflite or a Powerflite?

2. Does it have A/C?

If the answer to either question is 'yes', then $6k for this car(assuming there's no rust behind the rocker panel mouldings) is an absolute no brainer.

If the answer to BOTH questions is 'yes', then $6k for this car is a screaming BARGAIN!

1. I forget what the tranny is.
2, No a/c

That car is beautiful! I like the custom skirts but I hope that no major cosmetic mods would need to be done to put the originals back on. If it doesn't go higher then 6K this country has bigger problems then I thought.

For 6k the new owner will try to flip it.

For 6K I would be the proud owner of that sweetheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back