The beginning of a new life and a new build!

Well I wish I had some different news but it really wasn't a good weekend. There was a small episode in the garage and there was a small fire that didn't end so small. Ok I can't do it. Sorry.

Noticed I said I couldn't do it! Had to get everyone woke up and excited there for the beginning of the week. No fire! Well other than the one in my head from thinking and drinking too much. Well actually I did catch my shirt on fire while welding on the wheelie bars for the dragster this weekend but nothing bad. Just a little spot burn where a piece of slag hit my side.

How's this for engine brackets? Billet 440 V-Pulleys Set-Up   CVF Racing.jpgchrysler-hemi1.jpgMarch Serpentine Pulley System.JPGMarch Serpentine Pulley Measurements.JPG

Billet 440 V-Pulleys Set-Up   CVF Racing.jpg

chrysler-hemi1.jpg

March Serpentine Pulley System.JPG

March Serpentine Pulley Measurements.JPG

Yes and that is the one's I am using but I am going to the factory pulley's and we are going to try and make a new bracket for the factory pump. I think we can do it and it all look really nice. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

keep us updated on the setup you go with. they are cheaper than march and seem to have quality parts. so good quality parts at a good price are always good.

Stan, that is another reason I am using the factory pulleys. There is two belts. That being said I have used a single belt on many of cars and had no trouble. You just have to make sure you have good alignment which you should have anyway and you use a good belt. Believe it or not one of the worst belts I have ever used is the Goodyear belts. Use Gates! They do not tend to stretch near as much as any of the rest. The Napa belt is also a very good belt. Going to call CVF here after a bit and see what they say.

That CVF setup uses a double pulley AC compressor,just wondered why they didn't space it out further and use the double pulley setup on the alternator too. I've used single pulley systems with no problem but it's always nice to have that extra belt as backup,especially when it's running two main components like Alternator and AC. That's got to put a heavy load on that belt every time that compressor clutch kicks on and off.

Well just got off the phone with Eric from Steele Rubber and it looks like there will be a big box of new seals and rubber for the Fury pretty soon. Really excited to see everything and get some of these pieces that are either not there or rotted replaced. Great guys up there and they really are focused on trying to get coverage on cars that most don't.

Yeah Steel has been around in the business for years and all I've ever heard is good things about their products and their service. I recommend everyone that needs rubber items to them.They even used to revulcanize old motor mounts years ago,so if you had something you couldn't find they were a great help. I think they even do harmonic balancers too.

It's always nice to get parts in the mail!! I'm waiting for my brake parts and hoping they will be here tomorrow. SSBC is great in working with me to get my brake issue resolved.

Jason, post some pics of the new stuff before and after the install if you have time.

It's always nice to get parts in the mail!! I'm waiting for my brake parts and hoping they will be here tomorrow. SSBC is great in working with me to get my brake issue resolved.

Jason, post some pics of the new stuff before and after the install if you have time.

Oh I certainly will! I will probably have the stuff at the end of next week. I will take a pic of everything laid out when it shows up.

Its supposed to be every piece they make for the car so it should be getting an almost complete reseal. I'm kinda excited about it. Its always nice to have some nice new parts!

Its supposed to be every piece they make for the car so it should be getting an almost complete reseal. I'm kinda excited about it. Its always nice to have some nice new parts!

Oh I hear ya. I like getting in stuff for my car. I get all excited when I see a box at my door! The only thing better, is wackin the petal to the floor and hearin the 440 come alive in the Fury. MOPARVROOM..!

Ok guys I have a question. Has any of you ceramic coated exhaust manifolds before? I am thinking about doing it to the one's on the Fury but haven't ever been around any that have been done. Just curious what anyone has run across doing them. Any separation problems with the coating and the cast iron?

Back