The demise of NASCAR

there you go , chevy guys never agree . but your bud took home the prize funds . that very cool . monza , looked at them when they were brand new , 350 5spd or auto , but only a 10 bolt r/e . and you had to remove the front tires to charge spark plugs did not thrill me not all . but it was a rocket with a warranty although , and chevy hipo parts are everywhere . glad i stayed mopar for the most part and still am a mopar maniac , lol .

Well it's not that simple. NASCAR has always helped the teams. Even back in the day certain (factory teams) would be offered appearance money. Working with teams on Aero compliance. Etc. The wave around rule is a good thing. It's not a free pass. It keeps cars on the tail end of the lead lap from being right in front of the leaders. That was always confusing. Its not that they are trying to help anyone back to the front. They are trying to help slower cars to get out of the way
Doesn't much matter... Until they go back to using more stock type cars like in road racing I'm not gonna watch that crap. Way to much corporate greed involved and look where it got them. A shrinking fan base.

i've thought that they cars are what the fans need to identify with . and back when they were stock converted for high speed cars , not a chassi and corp everything and a reg engine that the public couldn't get there hands on until their next gen motor get approved . i think it would be interesting having front wheel driven competing with rear drivers . and trying to muster as much power from todays hipo power train . but keep them as safe as people can be traveling at those speeds . bring the cars back for the fans to buy them and those seats would not cost so much . i hopp'd a plane with a couple bud for dayton in 87. we bought tickets via phone in crash alley coming out of turn four . 75 bucks a seat , plus expenses . it was
DSC08505.JPG
great .

there you go , chevy guys never agree . but your bud took home the prize funds . that very cool . monza , looked at them when they were brand new , 350 5spd or auto , but only a 10 bolt r/e . and you had to remove the front tires to charge spark plugs did not thrill me not all . but it was a rocket with a warranty although , and chevy hipo parts are everywhere . glad i stayed mopar for the most part and still am a mopar maniac , lol .
This one was a tube chassis with a BBC

not very stock then , lol . brackets not heads up . pure race car against street cars . not what i call racing . those guys always sandbag and squirt by at the lights .

okay , but tube chassi against a caged car is still a big diff , bob . well one i raced against a 52 chevy c200 with a blown bigblock on alky with zomies . the thing was shootoing exhaust right into my car before i rolled window up , put electric window lifts , to hot with them staked up on the time , lol . i ran a close second just to stay out of the exhaust trail . lol . it was an nhra event at bakersfield and it was my birthday too boot , so cool even if a lost to a chevy , lol .
Fury.png

okay , but tube chassi against a caged car is still a big diff , bob . well one i raced against a 52 chevy c200 with a blown bigblock on alky with zomies . the thing was shootoing exhaust right into my car before i rolled window up , put electric window lifts , to hot with them staked up on the time , lol . i ran a close second just to stay out of the exhaust trail . lol . it was an nhra event at bakersfield and it was my birthday too boot , so cool even if a lost to a chevy , lol . View attachment 136139
Love that 63 SF

yes the new 470 will get with the program , but more work at the track then its current set up . but way quik'r n fast'r too .
05190025.jpg
Scan0046_0046.jpg
Scan0048_0048.jpg
05190027.jpg
still will have the same look with the maxwedge type intake and carbs n aircleaners . just less street more racer . and some additions to the roll bar into a cage with an x acrossed the doors and out to the end of the frame rails . and disc's . maybe a r/e charge to a stronger set up , go dana 60 . no 9'' for me . and i'll see how them tires hold up , against all the new torq n horsies .

The newly constituted rules have helped the racing, but a bit hard to understand for the average fan. The real killer is the cost of tickets combined w/ underline expenses to attend. NASCAR seems to be out of touch with the average fan. I use to attend 3 to 4 races a year.

Back