The Imperial might have a new home soon...

Looks like a Model A frame. Model T frame doesn't have the front horns. You don't want a Model T frame anyway.

A lot of those cars have a "mixed" pedigree.

I would try to buy back the hippy van and keep the Imp. Btw what's with that fugly plastic thingy where a kool grille is supposed to be on the hot rod???:poke:

You know, I think we may have different views on what makes a "hippie van". I like this one.
van-jpg.83466

I was expecting the Mopar version of this
4865026299_2f19465796.jpg

NO NO NO!!! I despise the "A-Team" and "Mystery Machine" comparisons - that was actually one reason I sold it.

The hot rod looks a lot better in person than it does in pics, BTW.

I like the fendered hot rods. Never cared much for the open wheel though.
1932-ford-roadster-hotrod-full-fender-award-winning-32-all-steel-show-car-7.jpg

Last edited:
I've driven a T bucket. Blown 350 with a 4 speed!

They are a blast to drive and I've seriously contemplated building one a few times. Fitting in one is an issue for me though... and so is weather.... So I've never gotten any farther.

If you really have the desire... What the hell... Go for it.

If I were to have a rod I'd like something like this in a dodge or plymouth vintage patina looking rod with a flat head, a slant six with some webers, or early smaller hemi

223204449dadb064a79f32c63b696cb1.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="patrick66,

The hot rod looks a lot better in person than it does in pics, BTW.[/QUOTE]

GAWDDDD.... I hope so. You don't have to make that excuse with the Imperial.

This was my brothers build way back in the early 70's. A 375 Horse 369, Turbo 400 and 5:13 gears.
It was bad fast..... and just as scary. Just like riding in a roller coaster...... no thanks.

chucks roadster.JPG

396.JPG

This was my brothers build way back in the early 70's. A 375 Horse 369, Turbo 400 and 5:13 gears.
It was bad fast..... and just as scary. Just like riding in a roller coaster...... no thanks.

Which car are you referring to Will? The car Patrick wants to trade for or another?

You can buy a T Bucket kit at Speedway motors. They are plentiful.

You can't order a Imperial Convertible through a Catalog.

You can buy a T Bucket kit at Speedway motors. They are plentiful.

You can't order a Imperial Convertible through a Catalog.
I have never really liked T Buckets. I could really enjoy an original T, who doesn't want a car that's slightly faster than a riding mower and nobody else knows how to drive... be worth it just to watch folks look at the pedals when they try... "If you can start it and drive it... you can drive it", I over heard that once and almost fell over laughing.

I've had a good look at a lot of fiberglass T Buckets over the years and I can't say I'm impressed... they seem like a motorcycle without the safety equipment to me.

Back