The Sport Fury S/23: how many survived?

That car is brown? I always thought it was an FK3 car (Burnt Orange Metallic). Sure doesn't look like Burnt Tan Metallic (the only "brown" in 1970).

(edit) Ah, hence the quotes. I get it. I thought there was a brown GT I didn't know about.

That car is brown? I always thought it was an FK3 car (Burnt Orange Metallic). Sure doesn't look like Burnt Tan Metallic (the only "brown" in 1970).

(edit) Ah, hence the quotes. I get it. I thought there was a brown GT I didn't know about.

First of all k3 is Orange not brown....k5 is orange...not brown. Plenty of other browns in 1970..leave orange alone

First of all k3 is Orange not brown....k5 is orange...not brown. Plenty of other browns in 1970..leave orange alone
I'm not saying it's brown. Other people said it was brown. I wasn't aware of a brown promo GT, hence why I asked for a picture.

More importantly, does this car still exist or is its fate unknown?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a 4 door sedan or hardtop S/23 or GT?

I assume no S/23 or GT wagon...

I'm not saying it's brown. Other people said it was brown. I wasn't aware of a brown promo GT, hence why I asked for a picture.

More importantly, does this car still exist or is its fate unknown?

Depends on who you talk to I care more about Orange than the GT......carry on

Seems like Chrysler made a big deal about adding the S/23 and GT to the Rapid Transit System.

Why so few made and sold???

Seems like Chrysler made a big deal about adding the S/23 and GT to the Rapid Transit System.

Why so few made and sold???
Yeah, just the GT is in the RTS. Needed the 440 to make it in the club. haha.

Well, in answer to your question, I guess you kind of have to look at the typical person buying a C-body back in the 60's and early 70's. I'm assuming most were from their late 30's to early 70's, fairly successful financially, family. And people who wanted a muscle car were 18-30-something and wanted a car that was light and fast and inexpensive. And rarely did the twain meet, so to speak. Sadly, they basically got overlooked.

Even now they sort of get overlooked. I've been subscribing to Hemmings MM and MCR for 6-7 years now and I think I've seen one article on a Sport Fury GT. And it wasn't even a stock one.

Has anyone seen a 4 door sedan or hardtop S/23 or GT?

I assume no S/23 or GT wagon...

S/23 simply means Sport/23 indicating Sport Fury and 2dr hardtop body style. The PS23 was basically an appearance package, otherwise the same as any other 2dr Sport Fury hardtop. The package would read S/27 if it was offered on a convertible, S/29 if were offered on a formal roof line, S/43 if offered on a 4dr hardtop or S/45 or 46 if offered as a wagon. All GT's are 2dr hardtop PP23 body style, no formal roof lines, wagons, 4dr's or convertibles.

The Good Year H-70 Polyglas RWL tires were indeed available as an option (U75) on several models, provided you opted for the HD suspension, wagons however did not come with them.

I forgot I had this....

Avis-Mopar.jpg

Do I spy a few (1970?) Sporty Furies??

The cars in this article are nice but how in the heck could they not include a SFGT or a blue Polara Brougham with a 440 in the top 5 luxury muscle cars....

Top five luxury muscle cars
ignorance....there were so few made they probably simply didnt know about them...hell l had no clue they exsisted untill 3-4 years ago...before lm done everyones gona know about them...

Back