Thinking of buying a smallish utility trailer

Yep they’re very handy. I’ve been using the only one I have when necessary, car trailer, but too big for van obviously and not as handy as a smaller one.

Yours would be the biggest I’d want to go. Maybe smaller and lighter with mesh floor and use plywood to protect the mesh when hauling heavy stuff, or dirt / gravel etc.

I’m thinking about the side style too. Might make some bolt on or pocket/slide in plywood or sheet metal sides to retain loose cargo like dirt. I plan on doing that to fill some holes.

Would like tires larger than 13”, maybe 15s, but want to keep tire replacement costs down as much as possible.

I would like to be able to use a Mopar car wheel, like cop car wheels, but may go with a mid 90s truck style wheel. I don’t know when bolt patterns change. I should have hung on to some 14” b body rally and road wheels maybe.

Also know 14 and 15 tires are getting less available.

What’s recommendations on wheels and tires to look cool but keep costs under control.

Won’t be hauling super heavy stuff, however I’ve hauled 68-70 b bodies, and once a 58 Chevy 4 door for a friend ... that thing was TIGHT with a 16 foot trailer similar to yours but with dual axle, now that was a handy trailer.

If you look for trailer tires I think you will find that 14" and 15" tires are still easily purchased.

If you look for trailer tires I think you will find that 14" and 15" tires are still easily purchased.

Agree. I’ll continue research on what makes most sense and adjust on wheels and tires, axles when I’ve decided on type trailer and size.

Back