This sucks!

Hopefully someone will be able to continue his business and more importanly he gets to recover from this and possibly continue doing what he loves and enjoys....

I know he has had some severe health issues for while now, so I'm not surprised. I never ordered anything from him as I was never sure what was going on and I knew he was having problems.

Somebody needs to take over his business and bring it into the 21 century.

True, but tbere is something about walking around in his cluttered, but organized for him, shop. I was amazed by all he had in there.
That's true, there is something "warm and fuzzy" about that.... But to make money at it, everything needs to fit the modern profile of an online business.

If I was 15 years younger.....

I've Had the honor of know and call Gary and his wife Friend for several decades now. One of my favorite memories of Gary G. has to do with a joint East + West 300 Club meet that waz held in conjunction with Chryslers at Carlisle in '99. The Raskel got half way 'tween Kalispell and the North Dakota state line out in the eastern Mt. Pucker Brush and launched the fuel cell out from under hiz '68 GT Dart. He called some one he knows that could supply him with a brand new tank for the Dart and had it UPS'd to the host Motel in Camp hill, Pa. Then some how he managed to scrounge up SIX 5 Gallon red gas canz FILLED and kept rite on Boogying East. By coincidence I waz in the Motel Foyer Bench Racing when he drove up to the front door that Thursday afternoon, jumped out and went straight to the front desk. After ah few second chat the clerk went thru' an open door behind him and returned straight away and sat Gary's shiny new tank up on the check in counter. After we all stopped laughing at that situation and he got checked in, we heard the short story and had him drive around to the back parking lot. I supplied the St. Pauli to Gary and about 12 other Car-Budz, some one else supplied ah strong bottle jack, some one else came up with a pair of jack standz , and toolz came from every direction. We had him up and back on the ground with the new tank mounted and straped in and filled with 'bout 15 gallons from 3 of hiz plastic 5g jugz. and Gary had just popped the cap on hiz 3rd St. Pauli and every body waz in very good spritz that evening az I recall. Seem to remember we closed the Motel bar that nite too, lol Jer

Like Jer, I have known Gary for almost 40 years. He did the interiors for all my letter cars for me, except the 300F, which is still original. Gary was the one that taught me how to do body work on my 1957 300C and helped me get it right back then. I learned how to use a long board well on that car! I am sure his shop now is much like the one he had here in Southern California when I first knew him and thereafter moved to Kalispel, MT. He is a really good friend and has helped me in countless ways. He has already made it possible for me to restore my 1958 Dodge Regal Lancer too, as he supplied pretty much the whole interior for me and all the little rubber seals and such for the car.

There is a more recent update than what has been supplied herein. Basically until late, he has been facing some amputation procedures but they have been put on hold since doctors in Michigan have just recently been successful in using 5 stents for his legs to substantially improve blood flow, and now they are speculating that he may only need some fusion procedures for his feet. So he is recovering from the medical procedures in Michigan at his home in Kalispel at this time, and there is hope for avoiding some difficult procedures with unknown outcomes in terms of his mobility and ability to do his work that he loves doing. And he recently has had a seriously interested party in taking over the business which Gary is pursuing. I am hopful of some relief from both his leg issues and his excess workload coming to bear finally. He is no quitter and strongly motivated and also very spiritual, so he has a lot going for him. He has been in my prayers for many years. Hoping for the best for him. He is a class act and only does excellent work. I couldn't have done my cars to the degree they are without his enormous help.

My 57, restored decades ago and still looking the same that many of you have already seen:

300C #1 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

And my 1958 Dodge Regal Lancer yet to be done:

58 Dodge Regal Lancer Project (1) (1).jpg

I placed an order with Gary in Aug. Trunk liner panels, trunk carper, hood insulation pad, several seals and small parts for my 61 Fury. He filled the entire order. I'm sad to hear it may have been one of the last orders completed.

Sorry to hear of this. I got my torsion bar seals from him 6 months ago or so. He got them out to me rather quickly which was appreciated at the time. Good to hear he is getting the medical treatment he needs and hopefully some of his pain has subsided. Having a father who was always in severe pain, I saw what a toll that can take on a person. Not sure how he was getting his orders finished.

Back